Hurricane Ike is a big BITCH!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Ike is a big BITCH!!

Damn that's a fucking HUGE storm! Hope everyone stays out of harms way... Storm surge can be 22 ft! Just Wow!!

We've been getting rain and wind all day from the feeder bands. This storm's wind range is bigger than Katrina's, as the storm has taken up 85% of the Gulf. The eye is 56 miles wide. This is a HUGE storm.

God Bless all who are in the line of this one. Water will be the main cause of deaths and damage on the coast in this one. 15 to 20 foot surges ... WOW!!!

The weather channel is reporting that only 40% of the Galveston area has evacuated.
    "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Originally posted by Lsufan
      We've been getting rain and wind all day from the feeder bands. This storm's wind range is bigger than Katrina's, as the storm has taken up 85% of the Gulf. The eye is 56 miles wide. This is a HUGE storm.

God Bless all who are in the line of this one. Water will be the main cause of deaths and damage on the coast in this one. 15 to 20 foot surges ... WOW!!!

The weather channel is reporting that only 40% of the Galveston area has evacuated.

this will be worse than Katrina if only 40% evacuated.Lets hope they are wrong on thier figures
      MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
      HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
      0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan
        this will be worse than Katrina if only 40% evacuated.Lets hope they are wrong on thier figures
        God, I hope not. I went thru Katrina and I wish that on no one.
        We are not even close to the storm and we have areas in lower Louisiana that are flooding due to the storm surge. They have flooding in the streets and it isn't even raining. The wind is pushing everything inland.

The people in lower Texas will get hammered and please keep them in your prayers cause this storm is a bitch and there will be much damage done.
        God bless those people. They will need it.
        jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Originally posted by baseballdave
          God, I hope not. I went thru Katrina and I wish that on no one.
          We are not even close to the storm and we have areas in lower Louisiana that are flooding due to the storm surge. They have flooding in the streets and it isn't even raining. The wind is pushing everything inland.

The people in lower Texas will get hammered and please keep them in your prayers cause this storm is a bitch and there will be much damage done.
          God bless those people. They will need it.

i keep watching the weather channel hoping for some good news but it keeps loooking worse and worse.
          MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
          HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
          0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Sure does...i debated for a bit about evacuating HOUSTON...but I have a 3 week old and we left Thursday...got a 4 star hotel on the riverwalk on SAN ANTONIO...so glad I came out here...looks like its going to be bad...

Comment

Originally posted by ogarza
              Sure does...i debated for a bit about evacuating HOUSTON...but I have a 3 week old and we left Thursday...got a 4 star hotel on the riverwalk on SAN ANTONIO...so glad I came out here...looks like its going to be bad...
              Good thing you got out buddy.

I'm on generator power right now. We had some wind gusts up to 50 mph or so today. My power went out 2 hours ago.

The damn storm is more than 400 miles away from me and I'm out of power!!!
              "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
              is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

I made it through the storm relatively unscathed. Had a neighbor's huge pine tree fall on my garage roof but it held. We were lucky as our drive around the neighborhood showed the chaos. Fences, stop signs, trees, just littered everywhere. I counted at least 5 giant pines down on power lines coming into our community. And we live North of downtown Houston, 30 miles away, just can't imagine the crazy shit that went down in Galveston.

I have a 22 month old kid and he was getting cranky in the heat, so we packed up and came to Austin. Houston is a mess. I feel for those that can't get away from it, I really do. This one is a mess in terms of the damage caused. And it spewed all the way up North and through the midwest. Only a cat 2, but that damn eye was so damn big.

There was a reason I moved up North of Houston and this proved my logic, but a direct eye hit would have devasted us. What can you do...

Comment

Horrible KJ ... hang in there

Comment

KJ, I'm glad you are ok.
                    I have good friends in Cypress and they were lucky also - just power out and stuff.
                    Keep the faith and take care of that baby.
                    Dave
                    jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Working...
                    X