No announcement yet.

The Political Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STRICTLY GAMBLING MENTALITY.Let me get this straight.Your shocked that you came on Bettorschat and people want to talk about gambling more than politics I ask you once again what percentage of your post have to do with sports or gambling.There is alot of guys here that I have alot of respect for and have a good time cutting up with.If me and JC argued over a football game or something minor,we could get over that shit but politics is a deep conversation and most people have STRONG opinions about there candidate.You can't build friendships by arguing politics.BC is like a big family and I think the mods want to keep it that way.The political threads are like Thanksgiving dinner with the whole family except we have to go thru it everyday here.

Comment

I think we should ban this thread talking about banned threads.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan
        STRICTLY GAMBLING MENTALITY.Let me get this straight.Your shocked that you came on Bettorschat and people want to talk about gambling more than politics I ask you once again what percentage of your post have to do with sports or gambling.There is alot of guys here that I have alot of respect for and have a good time cutting up with.If me and JC argued over a football game or something minor,we could get over that shit but politics is a deep conversation and most people have STRONG opinions about there candidate.You can't build friendships by arguing politics.BC is like a big family and I think the mods want to keep it that way.The political threads are like Thanksgiving dinner with the whole family except we have to go thru it everyday here.
        In answer to the question about what percentage of my posts are about picks, enough are.
        I concern my issues with interesting topics such as WS odds, who will win the WS as well as commenting on other things.
        I don't post my own picks if that is what you inferring, because frankly I am not particulary good at it and would not want anyone to follow.
        To play Devil's Advocate, if you look around the different threads, there are plenty of them which deal with other thinss other than gambling-music, women, until now and a host of other topics.
        Going back to your original question, I read and respond to other non gambling related threads started by people OTHER than myself-some of these threads were actually started by the moderators themselves;perhaps you should direct the question to the moderators THEMSELVES as to why ANY threads are allowed OTHER than Sports and especially gambling!
        What I am saying in essence is that I read and respond for the most part to threads which others have already started;what is wrong with that?
        Last edited by savage1; 09-08-2008, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
          In answer to the question about what percentage of my posts are about picks, enough are.
          I concern my issues with interesting topics such as WS odds, who will win the WS as well as commenting on other things.
          I don't post my own picks if that is what you inferring, because frankly I am not particulary good at it and would not want anyone to follow.
          To play Devil's Advocate, if you look around the different threads, there are plenty of them which deal with other thinss other than gambling-music, women, until now and a host of other topics.
          Going back to your original question, I read and respond to other non gambling related threads started by people OTHER than myself-some of these threads were actually started by the moderators themselves;perhaps you should direct the question to the moderators THEMSELVES as to why ANY threads are allowed OTHER than Sports and especially gambling!
          What I am saying in essence is that I read and respond for the most part to threads which others have already started;what is wrong with that?
          I don't post a boat load of picks either but I participate in alot of the threads.The political ones are pointless.If you like the Cubs and I like the Whitesox we could have some good arguments(the healthy ones) but in politics there is no good argument and it's pointless trying to argue.That is why I try to stay away from them.As for the Mods I think they speak for themselves.People calling each other names,threatning each other.Ask Muscleman if he ever saw Jordon Rules what he would do.Gurantee he would try to beat the shit out of him.Hell MM would probably want to do the same with me

Comment

Vols Fan-i have participated in many question-WS, Who will win WS, Sabathia, etc.
            Namecalling is not my thing either, and frankly I was shocked and disappointed when I was called so many things when I simply gave my views on the overpopulation issue especially when most had no solutions and wouldn't even as much agree that there is a problem in this area.
            Anyways, thats it-I don't want to be accused of flaunting the rules by starting something here.

Comment

FWIW Savage, I apologize for my participation in the name calling. My post in that Palin thread was inappropriate and uncharacteristic. I had quit participating in that forum for some of the reasons you and others have stated and then I fell right in line with the status quo.

Comment

Originally posted by garth
                FWIW Savage, I apologize for my participation in the name calling. My post in that Palin thread was inappropriate and uncharacteristic. I had quit participating in that forum for some of the reasons you and others have stated and then I fell right in line with the status quo.
                No problem Garth
                In the same vein I wish to offer an apology to anyone I offended.
                Hopefully there will be someday creative ways here to either ensure that the planet has sufficient resources and space to accommodate anyone no matter how many kids they wish to have and/or other planets will be colonized(yeah-I know it seems far fetched now, but it is possible) so that government regulations are NOT needed to limit family size.
                I was talking as I see things now and as a last resort if nothing else works;obviously as is the case with many things in life, the situation can change in a heartbeat.
                I would like to think that in the future perhaps that discussions of controversial nature like this one can be discussed once again in a forum like this without rancor, hostility and name calling.

Comment

See previous post.

Comment

Why ?

I didn't want to start a thread, but i always wondered WHY anyone would come HERE to this site and only talk politics or 90% politics ?????

I have never come on here looking for or even thinking about politics... if i wanted to talk politics i would go to a political forum site.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                      There are a million political forums out there if people want to fight it out but this was never intended to be one.

Comment

Originally posted by MR Pain View Post
                        I didn't want to start a thread, but i always wondered WHY anyone would come HERE to this site and only talk politics or 90% politics ?????

I have never come on here looking for or even thinking about politics... if i wanted to talk politics i would go to a political forum site.
                        I agree 1000% pain. I know certain people love it so it's basically here for them but damn, people argue about the same shit over and over and over and over again. It comes down to 2 things in every single thread. You either hate Bush or you hate Obama. It's really that simple and it never ends. There is NO such person that exists that can argue both sides or see some good in both sides ... or bad in both for that matter. Doesn't matter what "Their" side says or does, they will back it endlessly til no end.

I don't believe in one side or the other. Never have. I believe in somebody doing the job and doing it right. I could care less which "Party" they come from!
                        Last edited by wayne1218; 06-15-2010, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Cause BC himself starts 90% of them

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                            I agree 1000% pain. I know certain people love it so it's basically here for them but damn, people argue about the same shit over and over and over and over again. It comes down to 2 things in every single thread. You either hate Bush or you hate Obama. It's really that simple and it never ends. There is NO such person that exists that can argue both sides or see some good in both sides ... or bad in both for that matter. Doesn't matter what "Their" side says or does, they will back it endlessly til no end.

I don't believe in one side or the other. Never have. I believe in somebody doing the job and doing it right. I could care less which "Party" they come from!
                            this is what is so ridiculous to me wayne.....me and you have gone back and forth with each other on our opinions about sports or sporting events, whatever...i think we agreed once right ? LOL

anyway the point here is that i agree 1000% with your last paragraph...That is probably the reason there aren't much posts from either of us in those threads !

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                              Cause BC himself starts 90% of them
                              hey vols was gonna quote your post but just wanted to say the things you did...basically who goes specifically to BC looking for politics ? The thanksgiving comment was pretty good too.

Comment

hey vols was gonna quote your post but just wanted to say the things you did...basically who goes specifically to BC looking for politics ? The thanksgiving comment was pretty good too.
                                Pain,most of the time I try to practice what I preach but it just reels me in sometimes We ain't changing nobodys minds here no doubt but for some people this is their big soapbox and they feel important when they post political shit. I try to keep it 90% sports and sports talk but sometimes these wackos draw us in

Comment

Working...
                                X