X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BearDown
    Here is my short list.

Eric Clapton

Stevie Ray. Got to see him with Jeff Beck as the opening act.

What, no Eddie Van Halen guy's?

Richie Blackmore

Tony Iommi

Jimmy Page. I do like Page but he plays a little sloppy at times.
    I saw Stevie Ray Vaughn twice, once in Austin at Antones and once at a concert in Norman, Oklahoma. Dude had just gotten his life back together after a battle with drugs and he gets killed in a plane crash.

I was never a big fan of Jeff Beck's music but he still makes my top list as a talented guitarist.

All of your roster is on Rolling Stone's top 100 list, Bear.

Comment

anybody remember Alvin Lee

or even May from Queen (i'm no homo but this dude can play)
      updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
      NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Thrill

Love Alvin Lee and 10 years after.

Brian May is not only a talented musician. He's also an astrophysicist and is currently Chancellor of some University in Great Britain. I think that was just Freddie Mercury who was gay from Queen....could be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by garth
          Love Alvin Lee and 10 years after.

Brian May is not only a talented musician. He's also an astrophysicist and is currently Chancellor of some University in Great Britain. I think that was just Freddie Mercury who was gay from Queen....could be wrong though.
          doesn't matter, that dude can really play - sure didn't know that he was an Einstein though - impressive!
          updated thru 4/04 play

Comment

WOW!

May studied physics at Imperial College London, graduating with a B.Sc. (Hons) degree and ARCS with Upper Second-Class Honours. He then proceeded to study for a Ph.D, also at the Imperial College London departments of Physics and Mathematics, and was part way through this Ph.D programme, studying reflected light from interplanetary dust and the velocity of dust in the plane of the Solar System, when Queen became successful. He abandoned his physics doctorate but did co-author two scientific research papers: MgI Emission in the Night-Sky Spectrum (1972)[8] and An Investigation of the Motion of Zodiacal Dust Particles (Part I) (1973),[9] which were based on May's observations at the Teide Observatory in Tenerife. He is the co-author of "Bang! – The Complete History of the Universe" with Patrick Moore and Chris Lintott, which was published in October, 2006.[10] More than 30 years after he started his research, in October 2007 he completed his Ph.D. thesis, entitled A Survey of Radial Velocities in the Zodiacal Dust Cloud, passed his viva voce, and performed the required corrections.[11][12][13][14] He officially graduated at the postgraduate awards ceremony held in the Royal Albert Hall on the afternoon of Wednesday May 14, 2008.

On November 17, 2007, Brian May was appointed Chancellor of Liverpool John Moores University,[15] taking over from Cherie Blair, and installed in 2008.[16]

Asteroid 52665 Brianmay was named in his honour on June 18, 2008 on the suggestion of Patrick Moore (likely influenced by the asteroid's provisional designation of 1998 BM30).[17]
            updated thru 4/04 play

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
              He played at my middle school back in the day

He's pretty damn good!

yup that ended your school career

big 8th grade graduate
              Questions, comments, complaints:
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Thrill

I seen Alvin Lee once. He opened for Sabbath's Mob Rules tour. You are right Brian May kicks ass!

Comment

Originally posted by BearDown
                  I seen Alvin Lee once. He opened for Sabbath's Mob Rules tour. You are right Brian May kicks ass!
                  and Iommi from sabbath should be considered right up there too.
                  updated thru 4/04 play

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                    i expected more than that!
                    Me too!

Comment

Working...
                    X