Curiosity Got the Savage-Attn: Red Sox Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curiosity Got the Savage-Attn: Red Sox Fans

I have what might be perceived as a dumb and silly question, but I will ask it anyways.
    Anyone who watches Sox games regularly like me on NESN has undoubtedly noticed the older season ticket holder who sits right behind home plate(sometimes, he moves around a little probably to accomodate allow others to allow them to sit together).
    This guy is unmistakeable and usually has a sports coat on.
    I was at a Sox game at end of June and noticed that before the game he was allowed on the field and appeared to be talking to and interviewing a child.
    My question in view of above is whether this guy is anything more than a season ticket holder?;in other words, does he have any other affiliation with the team?
    I know most couldn't care less, but I must say , I see him in about the same seat every game, I am curious.
    Obviously, the fact that he sits where he does and that I see him all the time is the reason I am curious to begin with.
    Any help in providing me information as to who Mr. X is would be appreciated.
    Last edited by savage1; 08-16-2008, 07:39 PM.

savage, You really need to find a New Hobby!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
      savage, You really need to find a New Hobby!!!!!!!
      Come on Wayne-you know you who I mean, and you have seen him a zillion times on tv;were you never once curious about this guy? He is like a fixture.
      Perhaps the reason I love cats and am curious about such matters like above is because I was one in a prior existence.
      Last edited by savage1; 08-16-2008, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Savy probally a rich dude who loves his Red Sox. If I was able to live in a city and have season tickets thats where I want to sit.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
          Come on Wayne-you know you who I mean, and you have seen him a zillion times on tv;were you never once curious about this guy? He is like a fixture.
          Perhaps the reason I love cats and am curious about such matters like above is because I was one in a prior existence.

Well there you go. No, i could really care less who the guy is and i absolutely HATE cats!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
            Well there you go. No, i could really care less who the guy is and i absolutely HATE cats!!!!!!!!!!
            Well at least we both LOVE the Red Sox.

Comment

That we do!

Comment

Savage, go spend some time with the young wife and stop worrying with who the fuck that stiff is
                Questions, comments, complaints:
                [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
                  Savage, go spend some time with the young wife and stop worrying with who the fuck that stiff is

Those were my thoughts exactly but i said it differently!

Comment

As the World Turns

Comment

Originally posted by knowlez
                      As the World Turns

No,

All Monte's Children
                      Good Luck to everyone
                      Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
                      Clark: What's steroids?
                      Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
                      Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

I don't know why but this thread reminds me of my one and only game in Fenway Park. 1986 WS game 5. Doc Gooden vs. Bruce Hurst. My buddy and I scalp 2 tickets. We have great seats on the 1st base side. Section 30, first row from the walkway behind us.

Sitting directly next to me was a distinguished guy who looked very familiar. He's obviously a huge Red Sox fan. He knows I'm a Mets fan. He's keeping score. This gentleman and I are BSing more about baseball than actually watching the game. A few innings into the game a female fan walks up behind us, taps the guy on the shoulder and asks for his autograph. He replies "I'd love to but once I start the fans don't leave me alone". I turn to guy and yell "ah ha, I knew it was you". It was Stephen King.

We resume BSing and watching the game as if he was an average Joe. Later in the game, I caught a foul ball. King jokingly tells me "how dare you come into our park and catch a WS foul ball".

As most know. Mets lost game 5. After the game Stephen King and I along with my friend walk out of Fenway together. Once we were on Yawkey Way we stopped to say goodbye. I said to King "I hate to ask but you have to sign the ball I caught". He replied "I'll sign it with great pleasure".

He signed the ball:

LET'S GO SOX!

STEPHEN KING

Of course I still have the ball.
                        Last edited by frankb03; 08-16-2008, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                          I don't know why but this thread reminds me of my one and only game in Fenway Park. 1986 WS game 5. Doc Gooden vs. Bruce Hurst. My buddy and I scalp 2 tickets. We have great seats on the 1st base side. Section 30, first row from the walkway behind us.

Sitting directly next to me was a distinguished guy who looked very familiar. He's obviously a huge Red Sox fan. He knows I'm a Mets fan. He's keeping score. This gentleman and I are BSing more about baseball than actually watching the game. A few innings into the game a female fan walks up behind us, taps the guy on the shoulder and asks for his autograph. He replies "I'd love to but once I start the fans don't leave me alone". I turn to guy and yell "ah ha, I knew it was you". It was Stephen King.

We resume BSing and watching the game as if he was an average Joe. Later in the game, I caught a foul ball. King jokingly tells me "how dare you come into our park and catch a WS foul ball".

As most know. Mets lost game 5. After the game Stephen King and I along with my friend walk out of Fenway together. Once we were on Yawkey Way we stopped to say goodbye. I said to King "I hate to ask but you have to sign the ball I caught". He replied "I'll sign it with great pleasure".

He signed the ball:

LET'S GO SOX!

STEPHEN KING

That is an awesome story. King lives here in Maine. He does a ton for people in the State and he is a Huge Sox fan.

Comment

Wow now thats something. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03

He signed the ball:

LET'S GO SOX!

STEPHEN KING

Great story. I am sure the Mr X about whom I am curious is not of that stature, but still the fact that at the game I attended he was down on the field doing some kind of a interview with a little girl before the game makes me wonder if he is simply a season ticket holder.

Comment

Working...
                              X