X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Remember When" Part 2... Growing up in the 80's

You know you grew up in the 80s when……
    1. You used to buy cassette singles… and still have some stashed somewhere
    2. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton
    3. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.
    4. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.
    5. You owned those lil’ Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls (or your sister did).
    6. You know that “WOAH” comes from Joey on Blossom
    7. Two words: Hammer Time!
    8. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars… and spokey-dokies or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect
    9. You watched “Duck Tales” (Woo ooh!)
    10. You (your sister, cousins) wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
    11. You saw the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the big screen..and still know the turtles names.
    12. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
    13. L.A. Gear….need I say more?
    14. You know the profound meaning of “WAX ON, WAX OFF”
    15. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us…head-to-toe)
    16. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
    17. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
    18. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
    19. You still get the urge to say “NOT” after every sentence.
    20. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
    21. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
    22. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.
    23. You have ever played with a Skip-It or Elastix
    24. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
    25. You’ve gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
    26. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
    27. You wore socks scrunched down
    28. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
    29. You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
    30. You know what it meant to say “Care Bear Stare!!”
    31. You remember watching Rainbow Bright and & My Little Pony Tales
    32. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
    33. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
    34. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool…and don’t even flinch when people refer to them as “NKOTB”
    35. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on “Saved By The Bell,” The ORIGINAL class.
    36. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
    37. You just sang those words to yourself.
    38. Homemade Levi shorts.. (the shorter the better)
    39. You had a mullet!
    40. You still sing “We are the World”
    41. You owned a bannana clip.
    42. You had big hair and you knew how to use it.
    43. You’re still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren’t you!
    44. Punky Brewster
    45. UNDRROOS
    46. Fraggle Rock
    47. When it was worth getting up early on saturday morning to watch carttons
    48. Playin "MASH" (Mansion, Apartment, Shack, House)
    49. "I've fallen and I can't get up"
    50. Garbage pailkids
    51. After seeing Pee Wee's Big Advanger you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"
    52. You ever ended a sentice with the word SIKE
    53. "Were's the Beef?"
    54. "What you talking about willis?"
    Good Luck to everyone
    Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
    Clark: What's steroids?
    Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
    Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

i loved Hammer time
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

We are the world, we are the children
      Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by meaiken
        You know you grew up in the 80s when……
        1. You used to buy cassette singles… and still have some stashed somewhere OH YEA DANCE MIX 91, 92, 93, ETC. IM TOO SEXY FOR MY SHIRT TO SEXY FOR MY SHIRT BLAH BLAH...LOL...WHOOOMP THERE ITS IS WHOOM THERE IT IS!!! HEY THERE BACK AGAIN PARTY ON PARTY PEOPLE LEMME HERE SOME NOISE DC IN HOUSE JUMP JUMP FOR JOY. A PARTY ON THE LEFT A PARTY ON THE RIGHT A PARTY OVER THERE SHAKE YOUR DERRIERE...LOLOLOL
        2. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton KNOW THE SONG OFF BY HEART AND PROBABLY WILL MY WHOLE LIFE. THE CARLTON DANCE OH YEA FUNNY SHIT CAN STILL IMMITATE IT
        3. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy. MORE SO 80'S AND ALSO NOT A GIRL SO LOL
        4. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own. MORE SO THE 80'S WASNT THIS A SERIES OF BOOKS OR SOMETHING?
        5. You owned those lil’ Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls (or your sister did). MORE SO 80S AND ALSO GIRL STUFF
        6. You know that “WOAH” comes from Joey on Blossom EARLY 90S AND I KNOW THAT SHOW BLOSSOM BUT NEVER WATCHED IT WAS MORE FOR GIRLS
        7. Two words: Hammer Time! CANT TOUCH THIS!!!
        8. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars… and spokey-dokies or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect OH YEA AND A BELL THAT RANG ON THAT HANDLE BARS AND THOSE THINGS THAT MADE NOISES ON THE WHEELS
        9. You watched “Duck Tales” (Woo ooh!) DARK WING DUCK LOLOL
        10. You (your sister, cousins) wore a ponytail on the side of your head. GIRLS DID
        11. You saw the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the big screen..and still know the turtles names. MICHAEL ANGELO WAS ALWAYS MY FAVORITE AND RAPHEAL WAS SECOND. I HAD ALL THERE MOVIES, GREEN SWEAT PANTS, SWEAT SHIRTS, SHORTS AND TEE SHIRTS AND ALSO ALL THE NINJA TURTLES ACTION FIGURES. I WAS A HUGE NINJA TURLES FAN LOLOL
        12. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side. MORE SO 80'S
        13. L.A. Gear….need I say more? THIS ONE BROUGHT ONE OF THE MOST MEMERIES BACK FOR ME. THEY WERE THE COOLEST SHOES EVER. LIGHT UP ON THE BACK AS YOU WALKED EVERY KID HAD THEM WOW THEY WERE FUCKING AWESOME!!!
        14. You know the profound meaning of “WAX ON, WAX OFF" DONT KNOW THIS ONE
        15. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us…head-to-toe) DONT KNOW THIS ONE
        16. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted. HAHA NO SHIT
        17. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf. I USED TO LOVE THE SMURFS SHE WAS THE ONLY SMURF HUH LOL
        18. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets. I USED TO HAVE BRACELETS
        19. You still get the urge to say “NOT” after every sentence. I THINK I WENT THREW THAT STAGE AS A BRATTY KID LOL
        20. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets. OH YEA DEFINATELY DID THE FRIENDSHIP BRACELET THING OR HOW BOUT BURYING SOMETHING YOU REALLY LIKE ON YOUR FRIENDS PROPERTY TO BE "SOLE BROTHERS" WHEN YOU WERE A KID LOLOLOL
        21. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates. MORE SO 80S WAS PLAYING HOCKEY SINCE I WAS 3 ON ICE.
        22. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide. WE USED TO PLAY ON THOSE SLIP AND SLIDES ON MY FRONT LONE WITH ALL THE NEIGHBORHOOD KIDS EVERY SUMMER ALL THE TIME LOLOLOL THAT ONE IS A REMEMBER WHEN BIG TIME!!!
        23. You have ever played with a Skip-It or Elastix MORE SO 80S BUT HAVE HEARD OF SKIPT IT NOT ELASTIX
        24. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds. I THINK MINE WAS THEIR WITH ALL THE KIDS EVERY YEAR BETWEEN THE AGES OF LIKE 2-7 LOLOL
        25. You’ve gone through this nodding your head in agreement. ABSOLUTELY!!!
        26. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks. HIGH TOP REEBOKS AND NIKES THEY GAME AFTER THE LA GEAR SHOES WERENT COOL ANYMORE LOL
        27. You wore socks scrunched down DIDNT DO THAT
        28. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that. OH YEA UP AND DOWN THE STREET WITH MY CASSETTES USED TO ASK MOM AND DAD FOR MONEY TO BUY THOSE JUMBO BATTERIES TO PUT IN IT SO YOU COULD WALK AROUND ANYWHERE WITHOUT HAVING IT PLUGGED INTO THE WALL LOLOLOL
        29. You remember watching both Gremlins movies. I VAGUELY REMEMBER THE GREMLINS, I KNOW WHAT THEY WERE AND DEFINATELY WATCHED THEIR MOVIES BUT CANT REMEMBER TO MUCH ABOUT THEM TO COMMENT
        30. You know what it meant to say “Care Bear Stare!!” JUST SEND A WISH OUT THROUGH THE AIR JUST SEND A WISH OUT THROUGH THE AIR AND AND DO THE CARE BEAR COUNT DOWN 5-4-3-2-1 OMFG LOLOLOL CARE BEARS ALWAYS THAT EVIL DUDE ABOVE THE CLOUDS THAT WAS SO CRUEL WITH HIS SIDEKICK EVIL GUY THAT RODE THAT BIKE AROUND STIRRING UP TROUBLE AND SENDING MESSAGES AND ALL THE BEARS HATED HIM. SIR LOVES A LOT I FORGET HALF THE CARE BEAR NAMES SHIT LOLOLOL
        31. You remember watching Rainbow Bright and & My Little Pony Tales DONT KNOW THESE
        32. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot. OH YEA DOOGIE HOWSER FOR SURE. NEVER WATCHED THE SHOW CUZ I DIDNT LIKE IT THOUGH
        33. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac. ALF WAS ON OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS AS A KID. I LOVED THAT SHOW SO MUCH ALF WAS AWESOME. HE WOULD ALWAYS STIT TROUBLE AND THAT DORKY DAD WITH THE GLASSES WOULD ALWAYS GET SO MAD AT HIM. ALF EAT EVERYONES FOOD AND SHIT.
        34. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool…and don’t even flinch when people refer to them as “NKOTB” THIS WAS MORE SO 80'S IT WAS BACKTREET BOYS IN THE 90'S BUT EITHER WAY NEVER LISTENED TO EITHER LOL
        35. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on “Saved By The Bell,” The ORIGINAL class. SCREECH, SLATER, ZACH, MR BELDING, LISA, KELLY, FUCK I WOULDNT HAVE TO THINK HARDER ABOUT THE OTHER NAMES I AM MISSING. THIS WAS PROBABLY MY MOST FAVORITE SHOW OFF ALL TIME GROWING UP ALONG WITH FRESH PRINCE OF BEL AIR. I WOULD COME HOME EVERYDAY IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL AND WATCH IN A 4:00 PM AT MY BABYSITTERS HOUSE AS I WAITED FOR EITHER MY MOM OR DAD TO COME HOME AT AROUND 5 OR 6 AND THEN WOULD LEAVE AND GO HOME. THIS SHOW WAS THE SHIT. EVERYONE WANTED TO BE SO COOL LIKE ZACH AND SLATER WAS ALWAYS THE TOUGH GUY. HOW BOUT THE "OOOOOOOOOOOO" WHEN SOMEONE WOULD KISS EACH OTHER LOLOLOL KELLY KOWPOWSKI WAS SO HOT.
        36. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART. MORE SO 80S
        37. You just sang those words to yourself. I DID TO SEE IF I COULD REMEMBER AND I DO KNOW THAT SONG BUT DIDNT AT THE TIME GROWING UP
        38. Homemade Levi shorts.. (the shorter the better) MORE SO 80S BUT LEVIS JEANS WERE MAINLY ALL MY FIRST PAIRS OF JEANS AS A KID
        39. You had a mullet! I HAD A "RATS TAIL" IS WHAT MY AND MY FRIENDS CALLED IT WHEN WE WERE LIKE 5 THOUGHT WE WERE ALL SO COOL WITH OUR FUNKY HAIRCUTS LOLOL
        40. You still sing “We are the World” WE ARE THE CHILDREN WE COME TO BLAH BLAH BLAH. I USED TO HATE THAT FUCKING SONG. WE USED TO HAVE TO DO EXERCISES TO IT AT THE BEGINNING (OR WAS IT THE END) OF EVERY GYM CLASS TO WARM UP OR COOL DOWN IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LOLOL
        41. You owned a bannana clip. DIDNT HAVE ONE
        42. You had big hair and you knew how to use it. GIRLS
        43. You’re still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren’t you! NOT REALLY MORE SO 80S
        44. Punky Brewster 80S
        45. UNDRROOS 80S
        46. Fraggle Rock 80S
        47. When it was worth getting up early on saturday morning to watch carttons EVERY SATURDAY MORNING. LOONEY TUNES, ANIMANIACS, BUGS BUNEY AND TWEETIE SHOW. LOLOLOL ALWAYS EVERY MORNING FOR HOURS
        48. Playin "MASH" (Mansion, Apartment, Shack, House) MORE SO 80S
        49. "I've fallen and I can't get up" WHERE IS THIS FROM AGAIN SOUNDS REALLY FAMILIAR OMG THATS GONNA MAKE ME THINK CAUSE I REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHY THIS SOUNDS SO DAMN FAMILIAR WHERE IS IT FROM?!?!?
        50. Garbage pailkids IF THIS MEANS THOSE GARBAGE PAIL CANDIES FROM THE VARIET STORE I BOUGHT THOSE ALL THE TIMES WITH MY ALLOWANCE AND SLUSHIES FOR SURE
        51. After seeing Pee Wee's Big Advanger you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?" PEE WEE HERMAN LOLOLOL
        52. You ever ended a sentice with the word SIKE I USED TO SAY SYKE ALL THE TIME WHEN I WAS YOUNGER LOL
        53. "Were's the Beef?" DIDNT SAY
        54. "What you talking about willis?" HEARD OF IT BUT DIDNT SAY IT
        I grew up throughout the 90's and a significant portion of these apply to that decade aswell.....good stuff Adam..
        Last edited by Chado1; 07-25-2008, 12:33 AM.
        SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Working...
        X