Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Boston Area People, Please Read

Hi all,
    I just wanted to get some opinions from anyone in or near Boston or frequent visitors. The wife and I are planning a “get our mind off things” trip to NYC and Boston in July. We are going to see a Red Sox game too. Basically, we are flying into NYC on Sunday, staying with a friend in Manhatten Sun – Thurs, renting a car and driving to Boston Thursday morning, staying Thursday and Friday nights, and then driving back to NYC and flying home on Saturday. So, I was wondering what the best part of Boston would be to stay in. We don’t need anything extravagant. Correct me if I’m wrong, but there are a lot of bars and nightlife in the area around Fenway, right? I was thinking about staying near Fenway (there is a HoJo for $160/night) and, even if we go to the more downtown things Thursday and Friday during the day, we can come back to the hotel, setup shop at some bars, and just walk back. Does this make sense? Any input would be greatly appreciated, as I’ve never been there. Thanks a lot!
    O..H.........I..O!

2010 NCAA Football: 4-3-1

2010 NFL: 0-0

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball: 30-23-1

Comment

http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=147957

Comment

Originally posted by ULikeApples
        Hi all,
        I just wanted to get some opinions from anyone in or near Boston or frequent visitors. The wife and I are planning a “get our mind off things” trip to NYC and Boston in July. We are going to see a Red Sox game too. Basically, we are flying into NYC on Sunday, staying with a friend in Manhatten Sun – Thurs, renting a car and driving to Boston Thursday morning, staying Thursday and Friday nights, and then driving back to NYC and flying home on Saturday. So, I was wondering what the best part of Boston would be to stay in. We don’t need anything extravagant. Correct me if I’m wrong, but there are a lot of bars and nightlife in the area around Fenway, right? I was thinking about staying near Fenway (there is a HoJo for $160/night) and, even if we go to the more downtown things Thursday and Friday during the day, we can come back to the hotel, setup shop at some bars, and just walk back. Does this make sense? Any input would be greatly appreciated, as I’ve never been there. Thanks a lot!
        Wayne gave you good advice. I live in the South End, about a 10 minute walk from Copley Square and consider Boston proper. Copley Square is the place to stay, but more exepnsive than the HoJo. ther e is a Courtyard by Marriott that may be on the lower end of the Copley hotels. Also check the Midtown Hotel, along the lines of the HoJo. These hotels are about a 15-20 min walk from Fenway. Tons of bars along Boylston street, which runs from Copley to Fenway- Lir, Cactus Club, Pour House...all fun.

Go to an area called The Alley, it is further down off of Boylston. A bunch of bars in an alley that are a good time. Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall has a bunch of irish pubs/restaurants that may be worth a trip during the day...it is very touristy.

If you are looking for things other things to do, take a Duck Tour and, if you have time, walk the Freedom Trail. It starts at the top of Boston Commons. You follow the red brick and it takes you through a town of historical sites. It is 3 miles long and passes a TON of bars/restaurants...part of it goes through Faneuil Hall. Many people do it and make it a pub crawl.

Yes, there are a bunch of bars behind Fenway...Cask N Flagon, Tequila Rain, Game On to watch a game....

You will love Boston...it is America's Walking cuty and you can literally walk anywhere in the city if you don't mind a 30 minute walk. Enjoy buddy!
        Last edited by Three Jack; 06-12-2008, 08:27 PM.
        Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate.

Still haven't booked the hotel yet in Boston, but everything else is. Although now the wife wants to go to Cape Cod and we plan on staying in/around Hyannis Thursday. We shall see though. Anyway, thanks again. GL all!
          O..H.........I..O!

2010 NCAA Football: 4-3-1

2010 NFL: 0-0

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball: 30-23-1

Comment

Working...
          X