Burning Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swghost
    That news writer can say what he wants. I was there and will be going again. Im not going to argue with anyone, I was only trying to point out what it really is... and his perspective is partly true, BUT that is only a small part of the people and party-goers. The entire thing is a weeklong, and it is amazing. Go Youtube "Burning man art cars"- those are friggin cool.
    Again, anyone can think what they want, Im only trying to do the event/people fair justice, and to say "Woodstock"-that just doesn't do it or deliver the proper perception.
    Good points. I do agree with you completely. It is a unique festival of the arts and an intriguing congregation of personalities. It is more than drugs and hippies....

KAZ
    [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog
      Sorry....That was a typo on my part. I meant 30,000. And the Woodstock/Hippie reference is not that far off.

http://www.worthynews.com/news-featu...rning-man.html

"The Burning Man is a no-holds-barred New Age "Woodstock" style festival, where neo-pagans, wiccans, transvestitie entertainers, and back-slidden Christians go to trance, perform rituals, burn sacrifices to pagan gods and goddesses, dance in the nude, engage in sex, and otherwise "express" themselves and become one with Gaia."

"The number of participants at the Burning Man gala has nearly doubled each year since 1986, and this year organizers hope to break an attendance of 30,000." That's a 2000 figure. 37,000 in 2006.

I'm pretty much over people acting like this is something more than Woodstock. People will not look back at Burning Man in 30 years and say it changed an entire generation of people.

KAZ
      THAT IS REALLY SICK,ENGAGING IN SEX,OH THE HORROR,THE HORROR,ANYBODY GOT AN ADDRESS AND DATE..........SIGNED MARV,TRANNY ENTERTAINERS-WOOOOOHOOOOOO !!
      DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Working...
      X