Gator safety Jamar Hornsby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gator safety Jamar Hornsby

Florida safety Jamar Hornsby was released on his own recognizance Friday morning after he turned himself in on felony charges of credit card theft and fraudulent use of a credit card.

Alachua County Sheriff's Office deputies said Hornsby, 21, charged close to $3,000 on a credit card issued to Ashley Slonina, a University of Florida student who died in an October 2007 motorcycle accident in which walk-on UF football player, Michael Guilford, also was killed.

Florida football coach Urban Meyer kicked Hornsby off the team following his second brush with the law in the span of 13 months. In April of 2007, Hornsby was cited on a misdemeanor criminal mischief charges when he tossed a man on a hood of a car during a fight, causing about $750 in damages.

"He is not part of our program," Meyer said in a statement released Friday.

Hornsby's attorney, Huntley Johnson, said Hornsby would likely spend a portion of the time with his mother in Jacksonville until his next court appearance. Johnson said that Hornsby intends to cooperate with authorities.

The card abuse began on Oct. 13, 2007, the day after Slonina's death, according to court records and involved a BP gas card. According to Alachua County Sheriff's Authorities, Hornsby made 70 charges — 33 in Alachua County and 37 in Duval County.

Authorities were first alerted of the credit card fraud after Slonina's family noticed charges on the fleet card they could not explain. The card charges spanned from October to early April.

Hornsby made his first court appearance at 9 a.m. Friday and was released at 9:30 a.m. He was given a curfew of 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. by Judge William E. Davis in Alachua County Court.

In explaining Hornsby's release, Judge Davis said that any money spent on a bondsman would be money that would not be available as restitution for the family. Under a deferred prosecution agreement in which his previous criminal mischief charges were dropped, Hornsby was supposed to stay out of trouble for the next 18 months.

Addressing the judge, ASO detective Sandra Myers said this was an emotional situation for the Slonina family because it was not a couple of incidences of charges to their daughter's credit card, but an ongoing occurrence. In a formal complaint filed in Alachua County court earlier this week, Slonina's father, John, said Hornsby helped clean out his daughter and Guilford's apartment the day following their death.

Just anotha DUMB SPOON

Comment

Maybe the Cowboys will pick him up
      NBA is a joke

Comment

You only have half of the story.
        The Attorney (Huntley Johnson) states that he doesn't feel a crime was committed. "Yes, he was in possession of the card, and I will be meeting with law enforcement in the next couple of weeks to share with them my knowledge of the case, and hopefully, we'll be able to resolve it without going further as a criminal case."
        "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

The 70 charges totaled almost 3000 dollars on the card.
          Slo-nina was dating cornerback Joe Haden at the time of her death.
          The attorney went on to say that he doesn't believe the charges against his client are valid.

Urban Meyer "He's not part of our program"

What balls this attorney has. Why can't the player admit he fucked up and stole a dead person's credit card and has been living off of it! What a shame to his parents!
          Last edited by Spearit; 05-10-2008, 09:02 AM.

Comment

U don't understand

This is t he Way of Gaytor nation

Comment

No Dead Prez
              This is the reality of disadvantaged youths in our society found on any team in America. Its a sad fact that they didn't get their speed from sitting around the house.
              By the way do you ever contribute to this forum or are you lonely and depressed and need attention?

Comment

wHAT DO U BRING

but bullshit-like this

Comment

By

Originally posted by Spearit
                  No Dead Prez
                  This is the reality of disadvantaged youths in our society found on any team in America. Its a sad fact that they didn't get their speed from sitting around the house.
                  By the way do you ever contribute to this forum or are you lonely and depressed and need attention?
                  The way check out the horse racinf forum when u cum otta ur cave -I think you will find I'm pretty good-Gaytor Boy

Comment

Yeah, Like I have time to argue with a 10 year old.

You can't spell worth a damn and certainly can't read a horse racing form! We all appreciate any of your bought and stolen horse picks and hope you find time for an education.

Oh and I did not post this thread but am 'accustom' to adding my knowledge on the subject that this forum presents. I also do not create the animosity that you seem to have following you.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearit
                      Yeah, Like I have time to argue with a 10 year old.

You can't spell worth a damn and certainly can't read a horse racing form! We all appreciate any of your bought and stolen horse picks and hope you find time for an education.

Oh and I did not post this thread but am 'accustom' to adding my knowledge on the subject that this forum presents. I also do not create the animosity that you seem to have following you.

Comment

Working...
                      X