A couple ?'s about Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Three Jack
    Chunger, Boston is a GREAT restaurant town. My wife is a foodie so we dine out quite a bit. I will say, however, that I am not much of a seafood aficionado so I am of little help to you. Legal Seafood is supposedly very good (not only do I not eat a lot of seafod, but I also rarely go to chain restaurants). And there is a place in Faneuil Hall area called the Union Oyster House that gets good reviews (tourist trap however).

My wife who is a seafood lover, often complains that there aren't any real 'great' seafood restaurants...most of which are chains or tourist traps. Other types of food I can help, depending on your price point.
    don't have to eat seafood threej,tell me a few of your fav's and what you like to order there my friend...
    DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I will definitely get there a couple of hours early and check out Yawkey Way. I really won't have to be driving, since it's graduation weekend there is not only a shortage on hotel rooms but on rental cars also. The Hyatt we are staying at in Medford gives free shuttle rides to and from the T, but stops running at 9. So the T and cab are pretty much our means of transportation and I'm guessing a cab ride from Fenway to Medford isn't cheap. I heard the steak tip sandwhiches at the park are pretty good so I'm looking forward to trying one out. Any other tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks
      WE ARE MARQUETTE

Comment

go to copperfield's its on brookline it will be less crowded as less ppl know about it. good beer lots of TV's and its a big place.
        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by warriors
          Thanks for the help guys. I will definitely get there a couple of hours early and check out Yawkey Way. I really won't have to be driving, since it's graduation weekend there is not only a shortage on hotel rooms but on rental cars also. The Hyatt we are staying at in Medford gives free shuttle rides to and from the T, but stops running at 9. So the T and cab are pretty much our means of transportation and I'm guessing a cab ride from Fenway to Medford isn't cheap. I heard the steak tip sandwhiches at the park are pretty good so I'm looking forward to trying one out. Any other tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks

oh if you are taking the T and you are going round trip buy a day pass or tokens for both ways. That way you dont have to wait in line with a million other ppl who need tokens when leaving the park. Fenway is on the Green line.
          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by uconnplayer
            dude been there done that- here's what you do. if your driving your car, get to the park about 2 hrs before the game. You paaak right behind store 24 diagonal from fenway paaak. Its actually Boston University dorms. its free, you park right on the side of the road. no meters or anything- you walk no more than 8 minutes and your right there= dont waste your money to pay 20 to park neither go on the T train-waste of time and money- get to the cask'n flagon about an hr before the start of tthe game, maybe even more- get a good seat up front and head on into the game- enjoy man ur gonna love it- remember man, park at the dorms at BU- no tickets or anything and its FREEE!

"paaak"

LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by warriors

The T will take you anywhere you want to go. When you get to Fenway you HAVE TO buy a sausage sub with peppers and onions OUTSIDE of the park from a street vendor. I'm not a big sausage sub guy at all but those fuckers are awesome!!!!!

Comment

then have bad sasuage gas the rest of the night
                U-C-O-N-N = Uconn! Uconn! Uconn!

Comment

Originally posted by uconnplayer
                  then have bad sasuage gas the rest of the night
                  I can't say i ever had that problem. Sucks for you i guess!

Comment

Wayne is right...the sausage and pepper sub from the guy behind the Green Monster on Landsdowne Street is the way to go.

Also, if taking the T...keep it mind it stops running at around 12:15a and the bars close at 2a. One thing that sucks in Boston is getting around when the bars close as cabs are few and far between.
                    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Working...
                    X