A couple ?'s about Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple ?'s about Boston

I am going out to Boston for the first time to watch them play the Brewers and I was looking at buying tickets online. I already have them for Saturday's game in the grandstand, but was looking at getting pavilion seats for Friday. Has anyone ever sat there, and how are they. Also, since it is graduation weekend we ended up getting a hotel in Medford. Is it pretty easy to get from there to the park on the subway? Any help would be appreciated.
    WE ARE MARQUETTE

Fenway is so small, every seat is good..except for the one's that are obstructed view, but none of those are in a pavilion that I recall. There are a couple of different pavillions...Right Field, behind home plate?

Couldn't tell ya how to get there from Medford as I live less than a mile from Fenway...sorry.

Get there early...go to the Cask N Flagon on the corner of Brookline & Lansdowne Streets. Lots of fun things to do around the stadium. Then go in about 45 - 60 minutes early and go to Yawkey Way (closed off on game days so it is actually considered in the stadium as you need a tciket to go there). Walk up to the Right Field pavilion and grab a beer (Budweiser Pavilion) as you get a great view of Fenway and the Boston skyline.

Enjoy it as it is a GREAT place to go to a game.
    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
      Fenway is so small, every seat is good..except for the one's that are obstructed view, but none of those are in a pavilion that I recall. There are a couple of different pavillions...Right Field, behind home plate?

Couldn't tell ya how to get there from Medford as I live less than a mile from Fenway...sorry.

Get there early...go to the Cask N Flagon on the corner of Brookline & Lansdowne Streets. Lots of fun things to do around the stadium. Then go in about 45 - 60 minutes early and go to Yawkey Way (closed off on game days so it is actually considered in the stadium as you need a tciket to go there). Walk up to the Right Field pavilion and grab a beer (Budweiser Pavilion) as you get a great view of Fenway and the Boston skyline.

Enjoy it as it is a GREAT place to go to a game.
      Nice 3J I would love to see a game there!! Good stuff! You mapped out pre- game for him!!

Comment

The pavillion seats are pretty high up but its convenient to concession stands. You can park your car in Wellington Station on the Orange Line and get off at Ruggles Station and take a shuttle to the park.
        Don't be afraid

Comment

I always go to North Station and park right under the Garden in the garage for about $20. The T and Amtrak stations right there. I hop on the T and ride it right to Kenmore Square (Fenway Park). The Cask n' Flagon and Boston Beer Works and both right outside of Fenway but i don't go to either anymore because they are too crowded. Use your ticket on go on "Yawkey Way". As 3J said, they close down that street and you need your ticket to get in. Plenty of T.V.'s in the street, along with gift shops and food, food, food!

For seats, you could also go cheaper and get SRO tickets. There are a ton of places to stand and use them. I love going up the 3rd baseline. About 25 rows up behind the 3rd base bag you can stand in a SRO section with tables and a great view. Food, drinks and bathrooms are also right there. You stand there with a table in front of you and you get a great view for pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by bryce
            Nice 3J I would love to see a game there!! Good stuff! You mapped out pre- game for him!!
            Its only slightly better than the experience you get a She Stadium!!!

Comment

hey guys,i appreciate the tips also as i am thinking about visiting boston,i have a very serious passion for food,i remember watching a rachael ray,40 bucks a day show where she ate lobster for all three meals,seems like she had a lobster omelette for breakfast,looked killer,any of you guys know a good place for this and also the best places to go for lobster in the shell-sincerely the ironman !!
              DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

anywhere chung. Lobster in the shell is lobster in the shell. The cheaper the better! lol

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                  anywhere chung. Lobster in the shell is lobster in the shell. The cheaper the better! lol
                  i know what you mean bro but it does seem like some places do a little better job preparing them,maybe its living in the south and that some of these cooks down here are hillbillies but man there is nothing worse than overcooked shellfish...

Comment

Originally posted by WayneChung
                    i know what you mean bro but it does seem like some places do a little better job preparing them,maybe its living in the south and that some of these cooks down here are hillbillies but man there is nothing worse than overcooked shellfish...

They have all served lobster up here on a daily basis forever. Most are fine. Some places charge twice as much as others for the same lobster in a shell. Check around in the area where you stay.

Comment

hey guys,i appreciate the tips also as i am thinking about visiting boston,i have a very serious passion for food,i remember watching a rachael ray,40 bucks a day show where she ate lobster for all three meals,seems like she had a lobster omelette for breakfast,looked killer,any of you guys know a good place for this and also the best places to go for lobster in the shell-sincerely the ironman !!
                      DO NOT FORGET ABOUT DA BOSTON BAKERS BRO!!!!!!!!!!
                      Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NEJAKE
                        DO NOT FORGET ABOUT DA BOSTON BAKERS BRO!!!!!!!!!!
                        nejake,i believe you are as nutty as i am-LOL !!

Comment

GUYS I WAS FUCKING AROUND AND GOOGLED RACHAEL RAY,there is a rachael ray sucks community,talking about how she was abused as a kid and stuff,all i know is this,she seems to have done pretty well for herself-the amount of people in this country who wish illwill on their brothers and sisters just blows my mind,you guys all know i joke a lot,but lifes too short and we all have better things to do than hate other human beings-thats right chado-we don't hate you either,just have fun joking with you because of your overeactions-LATER GUYS-THE IRONMAN OUT !!

Comment

Chunger, Boston is a GREAT restaurant town. My wife is a foodie so we dine out quite a bit. I will say, however, that I am not much of a seafood aficionado so I am of little help to you. Legal Seafood is supposedly very good (not only do I not eat a lot of seafod, but I also rarely go to chain restaurants). And there is a place in Faneuil Hall area called the Union Oyster House that gets good reviews (tourist trap however).

My wife who is a seafood lover, often complains that there aren't any real 'great' seafood restaurants...most of which are chains or tourist traps. Other types of food I can help, depending on your price point.

Comment

dude been there done that- here's what you do. if your driving your car, get to the park about 2 hrs before the game. You paaak right behind store 24 diagonal from fenway paaak. Its actually Boston University dorms. its free, you park right on the side of the road. no meters or anything- you walk no more than 8 minutes and your right there= dont waste your money to pay 20 to park neither go on the T train-waste of time and money- get to the cask'n flagon about an hr before the start of tthe game, maybe even more- get a good seat up front and head on into the game- enjoy man ur gonna love it- remember man, park at the dorms at BU- no tickets or anything and its FREEE!
                              U-C-O-N-N = Uconn! Uconn! Uconn!

Comment

Working...
                              X