Guys, I Need Your Prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, I Need Your Prayers

Found out yesterday that it's 75% I'm going to Baghdad in July. Considering I'm in the Air Force, and I would be doing IED hunting, I'm a little shell-shocked (no pun intended) right now. Please say a prayer for me that it falls through. Yes, I joined the military to defend this country when called upon, and I will do so, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have reservations about going to Iraq. Thanks and God Bless to all.

Good luck to you, I really respect anyone who lays their life on the line for this country. I have had several friends fight for our rights, and have lost a few as well. Keep yourself safe.
    Let's Hammer the Book.

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy
      Found out yesterday that it's 75% I'm going to Baghdad in July. Considering I'm in the Air Force, and I would be doing IED hunting, I'm a little shell-shocked (no pun intended) right now. Please say a prayer for me that it falls through. Yes, I joined the military to defend this country when called upon, and I will do so, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have reservations about going to Iraq. Thanks and God Bless to all.
      Hopefully they won't end up sending you. If you do get sent then I hope you return safe and sound!

Comment

My prayers are with you buddy! I understand where you are coming from.

Comment

My prayers and thoughts are with ya Jimmy...stay safe bro!!!
          SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Be safe brother!
            NBA is a joke

Comment

take care, Jimmy. and my profound thanks for your service. If you do have to go I'll pray for your safe return.

Comment

Gl Jimmy Hope All Works Out Well
                MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

LVJimmy

While my prayers are more to the degree of this war ending and yet I am not holding my breath concerning the matter, I can tell you that your July date is a bridge you need to cross with a great deal of strength and resiliance.
                  You see many of us vets that were pushed into Nam by the draft didn't have much time to understand the rudeness of war. We didn't have 5 months yanking on our mind. Those that did not want to take a chance fled to Canada, shot their toe off or shot up trying to get out of it on a number of mental, physical or addictive issues. This was only a small per cent but their cowardice still rings loudly for those that served and for those that felt defeat was not an option.
                  While in the grace of god, you should serve in Iraq- let it be plainly be brought to your attention that bringing on a "negative" to any proposed destiny that you may enter upon-- can only 'kill the fight in you that is needed to survive'. It is this 'survival fight' that will pull you through, your faith in God and your family and friends.
                  I know this is a scary moment for you but you need to prepare as if a bully has been picking on you and get strong- mentally and physically. Working out and being cheerful. You are no kid anymore. No whining- think of how you are perceived.
                  Before you jump back at me- remember that I had no Dad to offer me this advice!
                  Best of Luck to you always Jimmy and May God Bless and keep you safe!
                  Last edited by Spearit; 03-02-2008, 01:56 PM.
                  "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

jimmy- hope it all works out, and you don't have to go. if you do, be safe. we all appreciate what you guys do for our country.

Comment

Stop being a pussy and get your ass over there lol.

Signed,
                      Fellow Airman

Comment

No worries Mate .... heard that the vig over there is only 3%

Hope that you don't pick up a fuggin' CAMEL for a gf like Lil'Mike did .... Camel Clap IS the hardest shit to get rid of ....

PS- LVJSJSF - IF you do go brother you will have all of our support .... I have other friends serving there and in Afghanistan .... just another day at the Office !

PSS - I'll keep an eye on Area 51 for you !!

Signed,
                        dawg

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike
                          Stop being a pussy and get your ass over there lol.

Signed,
                          Fellow Airman
                          Mike, u in?

Comment

Originally posted by Ldawg
                            No worries Mate .... heard that the vig over there is only 3%

Hope that you don't pick up a fuggin' CAMEL for a gf like Lil'Mike did .... Camel Clap IS the hardest shit to get rid of ....

PS- LVJSJSF - IF you do go brother you will have all of our support .... I have other friends serving there and in Afghanistan .... just another day at the Office !

PSS - I'll keep an eye on Area 51 for you !!

Signed,
                            dawg
                            Thx dawg and all...I'll find out tomorrow.

Comment

Mike, u in?
                              Yeah, I have asked you about it before and you kind of blew me off. Me and my brother both in and stationed at McGuire.

Comment

Working...
                              X