Reports: At least 18 shot at Northern Illinois University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reports: At least 18 shot at Northern Illinois University

(CNN) -- At least 18 people have been shot at Northern Illinois University outside Chicago, CNN affiliates are reporting.

The University has ordered its student body to seek shelter and canceled classes Thursday.

"Its has been confirmed that there has been a shooting on campus and several people have been taken away by ambulance," the school said in a posting on its DeKalb campus Web site. "All classes are canceled on the DeKalb campus. People are urged not to come to campus."

Its sad, hope its not as bad as reported.
    NBA is a joke

Comment

Geezus! What the hell is wrong with people???

Comment

Multiple Victims In N. Illinois Univ. Shooting
        Suspect Shot And Killed Himself
        LIVE CBS 2 Special Report: NIU Shooting
        DE KALB, Ill (CBS) ― Several people have been shot on the Northern Illinois University campus. The suspect killed himself and officials say the danger has passed.

Officials confirmed that several people were shot at Cole Hall, a large lecture hall on campus, shortly after 3 p.m. and the campus was immediately placed on lockdown.

Kishwaukee Hospital reported that up to 15 people were being brought to the hospital and that three to four of those victims had suffered head wounds.

Student journalists at the school's Northern Television Center reported that there were 18 victims, two of them fatalities, including the gunman.

Lt. Gary Spangler of the DeKalb Police Department told the school newspaper, the Northern Star, that "The gunman is deceased," adding that the "majority of the incident happened in Cole Hall."

Officials said the immediate danger has passed.

A viewer who e-mailed CBS 2 said that her brother was in the lecture hall where the shooting happened. "He says that the gunmen was a white male dressed in all black. He kicked the door in and opened fire. My brother dove under the desk, and popped his head up to see the gunmen was reloading. He grabbed his girlfriend's hand and ran to the library where they been in lockdown since."

The campus will be closed on Friday.

"Police are trying to get everyone off campus,'' said student David Healy, who was near Cole Hall when the shooting happened. "At least five people have been pulled out on stretchers."

An alert on the university's website confirmed "several" people were taken away in ambulances.

My cant these people just commit suicide before taking out innocent ones!
        NBA is a joke

Comment

GEEZUS FUCK THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably some psycho that was feeling lonesome on Valentines Day...MUTHA FVCKA

My thought's and prayers go out to the familes involved in this tragic situation.
          It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

Why isn't CNN or Fox news or anyone else there covering it? Nothing being talked about anywhere. Geez ... You would think this would be big news!

Comment

5 dead 22 injured

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                Why isn't CNN or Fox news or anyone else there covering it? Nothing being talked about anywhere. Geez ... You would think this would be big news!

I know it doesn't help you, but the local news stations and channels are covering it here. (I live about 110 miles from Dekalb, IL.)

This shit is just terrible...
                It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

Working...
                X