Saban Compares Louisiana-Monroe Loss to 9-11, Pearl Harbor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saban Compares Louisiana-Monroe Loss to 9-11, Pearl Harbor

Citing the 9-11 terrorist attacks and Pearl Harbor, Alabama coach Nick Saban said Monday his team must rebound like America did from a "catastrophic event." In this case, that would be an embarrassing 21-14 loss Saturday to Louisiana-Monroe. "

What a dumbass

Comment

He and Bellichek seem like two of the bigger self-absorbed assholes in coaching.

Comment

Good article in ESPN,The Magazine regarding Saban's treatment of his players...he acts like he's coaching the pro's again, not kids.He should retire...he's burnt out.
        Scranton

Comment

He's a complete ass. And whenever he does something stupid or slimey he always plays the "I'm just a good ol boy from West Virginia I don't know any better" card.

Comment

He's a Bobby Bowden wannabe...now there's a coach with class.
            Scranton

Comment

i understand what he was trying to say....that tough times make people rally together.....but i believe good common sense lost out here......these events were 2 of the largest turning points in American History where many many many thousands of people paid with their lives......To make any reference to these events is disrespectful to those people and their families who lost their lives as well as all Americans.....

I do not get offended at much, but to me this is just idiocy in its highest form.....To compare sports to life/death situations is bullshit....He lives a charmed life and does not know what it is like for these people who have made the "ultimate sacrifice"

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
                i understand what he was trying to say....that tough times make people rally together.....but i believe good common sense lost out here......these events were 2 of the largest turning points in American History where many many many thousands of people paid with their lives......To make any reference to these events is disrespectful to those people and their families who lost their lives as well as all Americans.....

I do not get offended at much, but to me this is just idiocy in its highest form.....To compare sports to life/death situations is bullshit....He lives a charmed life and does not know what it is like for these people who have made the "ultimate sacrifice"
                How about the Japanese from Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Who do you think got it worse?

PEACE

Comment

this guy is a loser. liar and isnt even a good coach. 1 good season and he thinks he is GOD's gift to coaching. he is a hack bum. i hope they fire his ass and he goes to coach Div 7
                  2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony

Totally agree...what a fuckin stupid comparison by him....
                    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

He would have been better off screaming insults at sports reporters than making such a unacceptable reference to 9-1-1, like I said, he is not the coach he was at LSU,at least not by his public relations,and he should give it up at the end of this year...maybe go fishing or golfing for a few years.
                      Scranton

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
                        How about the Japanese from Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Who do you think got it worse?

PEACE

huh? what the heck does that have to do with anything?

but i will bite......Those bombs although killing thousands of Japanese lives saved thousands and thousands of Americans.....

The Japanese fighting force was ruthless and was an enemy that was not afraid to die......and they did not surrender....

they also were one of the most ruthless captors ever....not abiding by any Geneva convention.....Bataan death march and so on....

I do not know what your point is MCP?

Comment

Working...
                        X