Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Andy Reid Family

Garrett Reid Expected To Face More Charges
    NORRISTOWN (CBS 3 / AP) ― Garrett Reid, son of Eagles head coach Andy Reid, is expected to face additional charges after the discovery of drugs in his Montgomery County jail cell Thursday.

Reid, 24, was sentenced to two to 23 months in jail on DUI charges stemming from a traffic incident in January. During his court appearance, Reid admitted he was addicted to drugs. (Click here for more)

Officers discovered 89 pills in Reid's jail cell just before his sentencing hearing. Authorities believe he smuggled them into the jail through his rectum.

Reid had his bail revoked and was taken into custody after missing a court mandated drug tests.

The Montgomery County District Attorney's office is expected to discuss the charges during a news conference Friday.

Andy Reid has no intention of stepping down as coach of the Philadelphia Eagles despite being castigated by a judge who likened the coach's home to a "drug emporium."

Asked at his regular Friday news conference whether he planned to coach the Eagles for the long term, Reid answered with one word:

"Yes."

The judge's comments were made Thursday, the same day his two sons were sentenced to prison terms.

"I know this is a big story for everybody and I respect that," Reid said. "On the other hand, I can't go into questioning on it at this time.

"However, as parents we have huge concerns for our two boys. This has been a battle we have dealt with here for a few years and I'm sure we'll continue to address the situation. ... Our prayers are obviously with the boys, for their future, and to make sure things work out, where they can live a normal life down the road."

The statement was the most Reid has said about his sons' legal problems. He took a five-week leave earlier this year.

But two days before hosting the Dallas Cowboys in a pivotal game, Reid was all business. He directed the offense through a myriad of drills as TV commentator John Madden and Eagles chairman Jeffrey Lurie looked on.

Montgomery County Judge Steven O'Neill called the Reids a "family in crisis" and questioned whether Britt and Garrett Reid should return to their parents' home after they serve their jail terms.

"There isn't any structure there that this court can depend upon," O'Neill said.

The judge noted that Andy and Tammy Reid love their sons and have supported them through repeated attempts at drug rehabilitation. But he wondered aloud how the parents could be blind to the long list of drugs, guns and ammunition that police found in the Reids' home and vehicles.

"These are highly addictive medications that are just around the house with two addicts in it," O'Neill said. "It sounds more or less like a drug emporium."

Also on Thursday, 22-year-old Britt Reid detailed his eight-year struggle with painkillers and other drugs as he was sentenced to eight to 23 months in jail for pointing a gun at another driver on Jan. 30. He also pleaded guilty to charges including carrying a firearm without a license.
    Am I the longest tenured BC member?

crazy world we live in....

Comment

Originally posted by tash
      crazy world we live in....
      Kids that seemingly have everything in regards to money--nice home--good education etc...SAD SAD SAD...

Comment

Working...
      X