Bonds' No. 756 HR Ball going into Hall with an asterisk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigWeiner
    Please keep in mind, that I'm a biased Giants fan, I think Bonds is a retard, but he's the best baseball player of our lifetime.
    He might be the best homerun hitter of our lifetime but best player of our lifetime is a tough call.8 gold gloves and the homerun title is good to have on your resume though.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan
      He might be the best homerun hitter of our lifetime but best player of our lifetime is a tough call.8 gold gloves and the homerun title is good to have on your resume though.
      IMO, no one compares. Who do you think compares?

Comment

I think it set a bad example for down the road...The Hall should not accept the ball that has been defaced. If they want to plaque next to the ball that states that this accomplishment was made during the steroids era of baseball that is accepetable I guess. Does Roger Maris' ball or bat have an * on it because he played a longer season than Ruth?

Comment

IMO, no one compares. Who do you think compares?
          I really don't have an argument like I said 8 gold gloves and a homerun title is as good as it gets.I'm curious to see the next 5 or 6 yr with Andruw Jones(nine gold gloves in a row)or A-Rod maybe breaking Bonds record.I will say this,if Ken Griffey Jr would have stayed healthy his whole career wouldnt you love to see where his numbers would be.

Comment

I think Griffey really could've been great if he was healthy his whole career, but that's a big if. I don't see Andruw Jones being anywhere close. He's a great centerfielder, and a decent hitter. No hitter was as feared as Bonds, not even close, the IBB are ridiculous, for a few season there, if you threw him a strike it was a homerun. If you look at the stats for the season he hit 73, they are mindblowing. No one was even close to that good in this lifetime.

Comment

Griffey was the real deal when he was healthy, but BW is right no one is feared more than Bonds. Bonds will go down as one of the all-time greats.

Comment

The guy from the HOF said yesterday that in a poll, 10 Million baseball fans wanted it branded and that in itself, makes it a piece of History that they want to recognize.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                  The guy from the HOF said yesterday that in a poll, 10 Million baseball fans wanted it branded and that in itself, makes it a piece of History that they want to recognize.
                  47% of the voters said brand it. It should have been 90% considering how many Bonds hater there are. I'm sure 20% of that was skaters and windsurfers, that just thought it was cool to vote that way.

Comment

47% of the voters said brand it. It should have been 90% considering how many Bonds hater there are. I'm sure 20% of that was skaters and windsurfers, that just thought it was cool to vote that way.

I'm just the Messenger! lol

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                      I'm just the Messenger! lol
                      I shoot messengers

Comment

The Hall of Fame is gay anyways, just put a Pete Rose size 8 hat with a asterisk on it already. What are they gonna do, put an asterisk on every thing that comes into the HOF for the next 10 years.

Comment

Gilbert Arenas has my back

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X