Looking to buy a GPS? Which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garth
    Thanks for starting this thread, BW. I am also in the market for one. I knew I had to have one when I had one in a rental car in Chicago in June. My experiences driving in Chicago with and without GPS were like night and day.
    I was in detroit for the superbowl and that was the 1st time we have ever used a gps system... It was a freakin savior. $5 extra a day. fantastic

Comment

These things are simply amazing. You won't believe it. I had a friend who was a student at Syracuse U. He left there this year after he graduated and had to drive straight from Syracuse to Phoenix, Arizona for a new job. He had never been there before and had no clue how to get there. He went and bought the Garmin Nuvi 350 and punched in the address he needed to get to in Phoenix. He said the thing told him every single turn he needed and he showed up 2 days later at the right builing without getting lost once. You can get in your car and drive anywhere off course just to try and fuck the GPS up but it doesn't work. The damn thing will put you right back on track every single time. Simply amazing!

Comment

We missed a turn because of a turn lane closed for construction. It recalculated our route in about 3 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovedoc
          i have a maggelin
          and how is it?

Comment

Originally posted by garth
            We missed a turn because of a turn lane closed for construction. It recalculated our route in about 3 seconds.
            Isn't it amazing!!!

Comment

I'm taking your advice Wayne and getting the 350, it's looks like the least expensive best model with the text to voice feature.
              Last edited by BigWeiner; 08-13-2007, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Also, I never told you, but I took your advice on a wedding ring. I read a thread on here with you and someone arguing, and you were saying choose says over clarity, I did, and you were right, size is way more important the other stuff. So thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
                  I'm taking your advice Wayne and getting the 350, it's looks the cheapest best model with the text to voice feature.
                  For price AND options, it is rated number 1 everywhere i looked and i researched the hell out of these things about 2 months ago. I know 3 people with the Nuvi 350 and they are in their car 24/7 now driving everywhere and loving it! lol

Check the net. Some places are MUCH cheaper than others due to sales going on.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                      For price AND options, it is rated number 1 everywhere i looked and i researched the hell out of these things about 2 months ago. I know 3 people with the Nuvi 350 and they are in their car 24/7 now driving everywhere and loving it! lol

Check the net. Some places are MUCH cheaper than others due to sales going on.
                      I researched and basically everyone was saying Garmin was the best, but wasn't sure which model

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
                        Also, I never told you, but I took your advice on a wedding ring. I read a thread on here with you and someone arguing, and you were saying choose says over clarity, I did, and you were right, size is way more important the other stuff. So thanks.
                        That's funny cuz i remember that thread. I still believe that 1000%. My fiance has a nice stone and has had it for a year now. The clarity is good but i downgraded clarity to get a bigger stone when i bought it. EVERY single person that sees it says WOW ... Beautiful ring! Not one has mentioned clarity but every one says "Look at the size of that! lol

That's a no brainer for anyone buying a engagement ring!

Comment

I hope these gps systems are for all of your wife's cars. What is this freaking world coming to? Bunch of men on here debating GPS systems. What man needs directions anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                            That's funny cuz i remember that thread. I still believe that 1000%. My fiance has a nice stone and has had it for a year now. The clarity is good but i downgraded clarity to get a bigger stone when i bought it. EVERY single person that sees it says WOW ... Beautiful ring! Not one has mentioned clarity but every one says "Look at the size of that! lol

That's a no brainer for anyone buying a engagement ring!
                            Same with mine, the clarity is good (G-H), but I went with the big size, and all of her friends and co-workers comment on the size.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                              I hope these gps systems are for all of your wife's cars. What is this freaking world coming to? Bunch of men on here debating GPS systems. What man needs directions anyway?
                              Me ... Nothing pisses me off more than going on a road trip and getting lost. A get SOOOO Pissed!

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                                Hell no. Mine is to replace my wife. She always has to navigate when we travel together.

Comment

Working...
                                X