Odd Topic here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Topic here

I was watching the local news here and they were talking about the crime rate in the State.

Between the years 2000-2006 there were between 15-22 murders in the whole State each year. Meaning no less than 15 and no more than 22 in any of those years. So far this year they said the % is climbing just a bit as there are already 15 murders reported in the State.

I have no clue of other states and their numbers but i'm assuming this is low. State's Like Texas, California, Florida, New York and Massachusetts are all alot higher i assume because of the bigger cities and amount of people. Do you think smaller State's have less or similiar numbers though? I would be curious to hear your State's numbers if you happen to know. I'm sure some State's have 15 in a week or month but i just don't know. Alaska ... would that be real low?

Don't know what the numbers are but I remember when I lived in NY, the thought was always that NYC got a bad rap because their violence was always sensationalized, those from outside the city always thought it was 'crime infested'. But if you looked per capita, it was always way down the list of the major cities.
    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
      Don't know what the numbers are but I remember when I lived in NY, the thought was always that NYC got a bad rap because their violence was always sensationalized, those from outside the city always thought it was 'crime infested'. But if you looked per capita, it was always way down the list of the major cities.
      I wonder on average how many murders happen each year in the whole state of NY though?

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
        I was watching the local news here and they were talking about the crime rate in the State.

Between the years 2000-2006 there were between 15-22 murders in the whole State each year. Meaning no less than 15 and no more than 22 in any of those years. So far this year they said the % is climbing just a bit as there are already 15 murders reported in the State.

I have no clue of other states and their numbers but i'm assuming this is low. State's Like Texas, California, Florida, New York and Massachusetts are all alot higher i assume because of the bigger cities and amount of people. Do you think smaller State's have less or similiar numbers though? I would be curious to hear your State's numbers if you happen to know. I'm sure some State's have 15 in a week or month but i just don't know. Alaska ... would that be real low?
        its so damn cold up there ,no one leaves their home

Comment

i thought tha N.O. was tha murder capital, but i'm not sure.

Comment

I am shcoked that Mass. is towards the bottom as Boston crime is awful right now. Don't know what year this is from.

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri...te-per-100-000

Comment

all joking aside i'm sure fla..is way up there !
              cause i read about them in the paper

when i lived in upstate ny, prob had 2 murders a year=max!
              (oneida county )

Comment

from 2004, cities...NYC #140.

http://www.morganquitno.com/cit04r.pdf

Comment

2006 Totals For New Oreans, La.

Population ~~~ 431,153

Violent crime ~~~ 2,255

Murder ~~~ 162

Forcible Rape ~~~ 87

Robbery ~~~ 761

Aggravated Assault ~~~ 1,245

Property Crime ~~~ 12,178

Burglary ~~~ 4,087

Larceny-Theft ~~~ 5,228

Motor Vehicle Theft ~~~ 2,863

Find Your State Below For Stats .....

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/06prelim/ucrtable4index.htm
                  "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
                  is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Originally posted by Lsufan
                    2006 Totals For New Oreans, La.

Population ~~~ 431,153

Violent crime ~~~ 2,255

Murder ~~~ 162

Forcible Rape ~~~ 87

Robbery ~~~ 761

Aggravated Assault ~~~ 1,245

Property Crime ~~~ 12,178

Burglary ~~~ 4,087

Larceny-Theft ~~~ 5,228

Motor Vehicle Theft ~~~ 2,863

Find Your State Below For Stats .....

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/06prelim/ucrtable4index.htm
                    That is just N.O. and not the whole state??? Damn ...

Comment

is there another kind of rape other than forceable??????

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218

15-22 a year is low compared to here.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
                          15-22 a year is low compared to here.
                          How many per year in your State (About)?

Comment

For Info You Are Looking For Go To Deathpenaltyinfo.org It Will Give All You Need Per State From 2001 To 2005

Comment

Working...
                            X