X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BALCO Founder Victor Conte Is Back in Business

Posted Apr 26th 2007 6:34PM by Larry Brown
    Filed under: MLB Gossip

You remember Victor Conte? The founder of BALCO who got sent to jail for distributing steroids to many high profile athletes including the cream and the clear to most notably, Barry Bonds? Well, looks like he's back in business:
    Since leaving prison a little over a year ago, Conte and his 22-year-old daughter have revived a nutritional supplements business he launched two decades ago called Scientific Nutrition for Advanced Conditioning - SNAC for short.
    They're mainly hawking a zinc and magnesium-based powder called ZMA that's a staple for serious weight lifters who use it to repair damaged tissue and to sleep better. It's legal and available through about two dozen distributors.

Apparently business is so bright that they're doing around $300,000 a month. Does he maintain a relationship with Bonds you ask?
    Many of his best customers are professional athletes, he says, including Barry Bonds, still the prime target of the federal investigators who sent Conte to jail for four months for illegal steroids distribution.
    A photograph of Bonds and the slugger's personal trainer Greg Anderson graces the home page of the SNAC Web site. Bonds and Anderson are wearing shirts and hats emblazoned with the ZMA logo.

Conte has already made it clear through various interviews that he wants to be the focus, the star of the show. Meaning it's only so long before he tries to invent the next great product -- which will undoubtedly lead to him getting pinched. You don't think the feds will be watching this guy's every move? One false step and he'll be busted. And to think Bonds is STILL using Conte's products. Has Barry not learned anything?

Only In America!

Comment

Some guys I know swear by ZMA. I've never noticed any effect when I tried it a few years back.

Then again, sleeping well isn't on the list of my many problems.
      Every
      Villain
      Is
      Lemons

Comment

victor conte for mod in 2008 !!
        DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Working...
        X