Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one in here have vonage phone service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one in here have vonage phone service?

i know it sounds like a crazy question but if you do i have a way to save you some money if you have them!
    The Mullet
    Regular play= 5% of bankroll 13-3
    Medium Play=10% of bankroll 4-3
    Strong play=20% of bankroll 10-5
    YTD= 27-11 +160%

I have them!!

Comment

well this is what you do. If you had their service for a year, call them up and tell them your canceling service with them to go with Sunrocket .com which they will know exactly what your talking about. They won't let you cancel so they will give you their service for 10 dollars cheaper then sunrocket(199 +8 dollars for the tax for a total of 207.00 for the year) plus sun rocket throws in 3 months free for their promotion, so tell them that and they will match your price and beat it by 10 dollars. Did it today and save me huge!!!!
      The Mullet
      YTD= 27-11 +160%

Comment

unfortunately i just signed up about a month ago.

Mullett - do you have directv? If so, what do you do about not being connected to a phone line?

Comment

i actually do have directv and don't have it hooked up to a phone line but you can still plug it in to your vonage service. I just unplug my phone and put in the line from the directv just for updates or when im ordering ppv.. But even if you just signed up you have a time frame to cancel with them.. And even though it might be cheaper to threaten to cancel anyway especially they are very desperate considering they are going to lose alot of money to verizon due to patent issues. So they will do whatever for you even though you are signed with them under a contract!!!
          The Mullet
          YTD= 27-11 +160%

Comment

I think i might go with comcast digital because this way i can buy the filter for the ppvs and sports channels.
            The Mullet
            YTD= 27-11 +160%

Comment

I'm confused on how you update your directv still. since vonage is voip, my phone jacks don't work anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy
                I'm confused on how you update your directv still. since vonage is voip, my phone jacks don't work anymore.
                Well i just plug the phone cord from the directv box into the back of the vonage box and it usually works for me. If you only have one phone line--which is what i do , then you need to unplug the phone from the back of the vonage box and plug in the line from the directv line into it to get updates. I never had a problem
                The Mullet
                YTD= 27-11 +160%

Comment

gotcha......unfortunately my vonage box is upstairs and my dtv receiver is downstairs. Any idea what to do with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy
                    gotcha......unfortunately my vonage box is upstairs and my dtv receiver is downstairs. Any idea what to do with that?
                    LOL buy a long phone cord just for that purpose!
                    The Mullet
                    YTD= 27-11 +160%

Comment

Originally posted by themullet
                      I think i might go with comcast digital because this way i can buy the filter for the ppvs and sports channels.
                      I HAVE COMCAST How can i get a filter for the sports and ppv

Comment

Simply Put----fellows go with CINGULAR.........best around IMO.....and they got good people working for em, you get straight answers, no BS, no hype, just performance.......

Remember the old addage----you get what you pay for.........kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Thanks for the tip Mullet...Kapt, I think that AT&T/Cingular has a fine LAN service, but you seem to pay top dollar for it. The wireless side of the business is not Cingular's strong suit and will never be unless they merge with Verizon or Sprint. While GSM network is great for the overseas traveler, it still is inferior in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by BrezzeEaze
                            Thanks for the tip Mullet...Kapt, I think that AT&T/Cingular has a fine LAN service, but you seem to pay top dollar for it. The wireless side of the business is not Cingular's strong suit and will never be unless they merge with Verizon or Sprint. While GSM network is great for the overseas traveler, it still is inferior in the states.

Not Cingular's strong side?? It is the only side ... 55 million customers ... Largest Wireless Company on the planet ...

In all honesty it all depends where you live ... Cingular is very strong out here in the Central States but weak out in California ... but Cingular has been rated number one with the fewest dropped calls over-all .. CDMA is great in some areas and not in others ... Just like GSM

Comment

seriously my girlfriend,who works for vonage thinks they suck,and guys she does some bigtime talking on the phone,whenever she calls me from her vonage phone-the sound is so bad i call her back on her other phone !! ps-sounds like she's talking out of a canyon with an echo !!
                              DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Working...
                              X