Radmanovic fined by Lakers for lying about injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radmanovic fined by Lakers for lying about injury

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Vladimir Radmanovic's snow job will cost him some cold cash.

The Los Angeles Lakers fined Radmanovic $500,000 Thursday -- nearly 10 percent of his $5.2 million season salary -- for violating his contract by snowboarding, which led to a separated shoulder injury.

Radmanovic got hurt on Feb. 17, when he was in Park City, Utah, during the All-Star break. He is expected to miss two months.

He admitted last week that he lied to the Lakers when he said he fell on a patch of ice while walking. He apologized to coach Phil Jackson and general manager Mitch Kupchak.

"We discussed internally among our coach, ownership and management a variety of disciplinary options and thought that this was the fairest and most appropriate action," Kupchak said in a statement.

"We consider this a closed issue now and look forward to Vlade's return to action where he'll be able to use his talents to help our team."

Radmanovic said he would not appeal the fine. "It's fair for what I did. I just want to move forward and try to get healthy and get back on the court," he said, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Radmanoivic, who had never previously tried snowboarding, told the Times he felt fortunate the team did not try to void his five-year, $30.2 million contract for the escpade and subsequent cover-up.

"They didn't do it and I'm really grateful for that," he told the newspaper.

What a moron

He is lucky they didn't void his contract.

Comment

i'm hoping that they donate a portion of the 500k to my "Donuts for Dimer Foundation"
      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Working...
      X