Fantasy baseball question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy baseball question....

I run a league on yahoo, its fantasy baseball plus league.

my question is have any of you been in leagues that are keeper leagues? we went to a 1 player keeper league. starting this year. i am the commish and can pre-select players as keepers. the problem i have is when i do this pre selection for all the teams keeper players can do they actually get drafted in the live draft or no? if they do when? 1st round or last?

reason i ask is cause we have a set draft order and i dont want having the keeper mess that draft order up.

thanks in advance

BC
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

I have never dealt with a keeper league. I do know some about them though and i'm confused by what you are doing. If it starts this year, does that mean the same people from last year are playing and they keep one of those guys from '06? If not, and it starts this year, then why would you pick people out for anything?

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
        I have never dealt with a keeper league. I do know some about them though and i'm confused by what you are doing. If it starts this year, does that mean the same people from last year are playing and they keep one of those guys from '06? If not, and it starts this year, then why would you pick people out for anything?

we decided in 06' that we would all have 1 keeper for 07' season. so everyone has selected who they want to designate as their keeper. which is fine. my question is. do those keepers get drafted in the life draft or because i've already pre selected them they dont. see the draft order we have is set based on last years standings. worst team gets 1st pick best team gets last pick. what i'm trying to avoid is having all the keepers be picked 1st in live draft if they are pre selected. if that is the case i'd have to have the person who came in 1st have the 1st pick and he'd take his keeper the person who came in last would take his keeper last pick of 1st round and then in turn make the 1st pick of the draft in the 2nd round. hope this makes sense
        Last edited by 10DimeBry; 02-27-2007, 11:59 AM.
        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

I'm not sure than. I would assume pulling them out of the draft would be the right thing to do and the order would remain the same.

Comment

Pull them out of the draft jackass

Comment

Working...
            X