Question for Red Sox Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Red Sox Fans

I had a debate with someone on the Red Sox Forum about this topic, and I would like your honest opinion.
    The question is all things considered, who had a better year as closer in terms of the Red Sox overall season, Papelbon in 2006 or Tom Gordon in 1998?
    Please state the reason for your choice and use any criterion you wish.
    I will give my opinion later, as I don't want to possibly sway anyone one way or the other.
    Also, if you read the debate in the Red Sox forum, don't at this point comment upon what I or the other person said.

This is easy.

Papelbon. He did things that were unmatched in History as A Red Sox, a Rookie and a Closer!

Comment

Wayne-since you divulged your opinion, if you get a chance sometime today, go to the Red Sox forum(www.redsox.com) and read the thread entitled "Papelbon back to closer) and my comments after debate started(I am elysse2 and the other person Mr. Agnes.).
      If not I will summarize what he and I said later in the day after a few more folks hopefully have responded to this question on this thread.

Comment

savage, Nothing personal but i do not like that forum. I looked once and won't look again. It's a Sox forum and arguing with those idiots is wasted breath.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
          savage, Nothing personal but i do not like that forum. I looked once and won't look again. It's a Sox forum and arguing with those idiots is wasted breath.
          Lol-You are correct about that.
          In any case, it starts with post #11.

Comment

Just tell me now. Do you agree or disagree with me on Papelbon?

Comment

I agree with you a zillion percent.
              Gordon had a fine year, but in the terns of the flow of the seasons involved and when Papelbon and Gordon did what they did , I think ppapelbon wins it hands down.
              Well-there goes my not divulging my choice until later.
              Seriously, if anyone disagrees or agrees with Wayne and me, please tell us why.

Comment

IMO papelbon should be the closer this year. if i was the sox manager id have papelbon as the closer and put tavaras as the #5 starter. believe it or not tavaras did a decent job starting games late last season. #5 starters dont have to be studs. but hey what do i know

to answer the question. papelbon was filthy last year,when he came in the game was DONE. even vs. nyy i wasnt worried for a second.
                2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Papelbon. I agree with 10Dime, wow did i really just say that, that tavaras is a decent 5th starter. Papelbon was straight money last year closing games. Papelbon in, lights go out

Comment

Papelbon is the correct choice, but why Taveras as the fifth starter?

Schilling
                    D Mat
                    Beckett
                    Wakefield
                    Lester (as I think his recovery has gone well or another youngster)
                    2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Tavarez was a much better pitcher starting than he was out of the pen. They also have Clement (who is hurt) & Piniero on the Roster.

Comment

What the hell happened to Clement?? He pitched great for the Cubs before he was traded.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                          What the hell happened to Clement?? He pitched great for the Cubs before he was traded.
                          It all started with a ball off the face. I think he had Tommy John surgery now but i'm not positive about that.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21

he was a cub.

that says it all
                            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

and he sucked as a red suck. go figure

Comment

Working...
                              X