Bode Miller to keep up his partying ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bode Miller to keep up his partying ways

ARE, Sweden (AP) - The Olympics didn't stop Bode Miller from partying, and the Alpine Skiing World Championships aren't likely to either.

"I always like to celebrate. I think it's one of those things that are important to recognize as an aspect of winning and an aspect of striving to achieve something," Miller said Monday. "You have to be willing to express your happiness about it."
    The American skier, who is trying to complete a career sweep of all five disciplines at the worlds, said it didn't make sense for him to wait until the end of the season to celebrate.

"For one thing, what if you die a week and a half after you do it then you don't get to celebrate at all," Miller said. "Another thing is, the emotions just aren't there anymore."

At the Turin Olympics, Miller was criticized after returning home without a medal. But he said he got to "party and socialize at an Olympic level."

"I'm not going to be out the way I was there," Miller said. "I was prepared for the races. I was out having a great time. I socialize, but I also take my skiing very seriously. It's not like I was doing crazy stuff at the Olympics, it was the same as I've always been and it's the same as I'll always be."

With poor weather postponing the start of the championships, athletes have been finding ways to kill time. Miller has spent some of it hanging out in bars.

"That's Bode," said Marco Buechel of Liechtenstein, who won a World Cup downhill earlier this season. "I'll do my celebrating after the downhill race, not before, even if I medal in the super-G tomorrow. The downhill is the most important to me. I'm here to ski fast."

Still, Miller said he didn't mind the publicity.

"Everyone thinks it's so terrible. It hasn't been that terrible for me. There are lots of great parts about being more hated," Miller said. "I was the most hated American athlete in Olympic history in the U.S. All my media was just terrible and it ended up being great for me, because I didn't have to deal with as much of the crap that I don't like anyway."

I'd love to hit the slopes with this dude

Comment

KB to keep up his partying ways

[QUOTE=kbsooner21]Hicksville, OK(AP) - The Sooners loss to Boise didn't stop KB from partying, and losing Nascar Survivor isn't likely to either.

"I always like to celebrate. I love beer," KB said Monday. "You have to be willing to drink every day to stay with me."
      The Redneck, who is trying to make a career of servicing slurpee machines, said it didn't make sense for him to wait until the end of the day to celebrate.

"For one thing, what if you die tomorrow you don't get to celebrate at all," KB said. "Another thing is, I can forget about losing in all my favorite sports."

[QUOTE]

Good luck KB
      2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

LMAO @ bill that is freakin funny
        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
          I'd love to part his ass cheeks and give him a tossed salad that he would never forget

Thanks, i just vomited in my mouth with the visual on that
          Questions, comments, complaints:
          [email protected]

Comment

[QUOTE=BillMill71][QUOTE=kbsooner21]Hicksville, OK(AP) - The Sooners loss to Boise didn't stop KB from partying, and losing Nascar Survivor isn't likely to either.

"I always like to celebrate. I love beer," KB said Monday. "You have to be willing to drink every day to stay with me."
            The Redneck, who is trying to make a career of servicing slurpee machines, said it didn't make sense for him to wait until the end of the day to celebrate.

"For one thing, what if you die tomorrow you don't get to celebrate at all," KB said. "Another thing is, I can forget about losing in all my favorite sports."

Good luck KB
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
              I'd love to hit this dude IN THE BACKSIDE

thats gross
              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Comment

Bode Miller finishes 24th in Super G

ARE, Sweden (AP) - Patrick Staudacher gave Italy's men their first super-G title ever at an Alpine Skiing World Championship on Tuesday.

Staudacher, recently returned from eye surgery, took advantage of an early start number to charge down the Olympia course in a winning time of 1 minute, 14.30 seconds for the first major victory of his career.

The 26-year-old Italian had never before climbed the podium in either a World Cup or world championship race.

"No one from my home town is here today," said Staudacher, racing at his first world championships. "They're all coming for the downhill. No one was expecting this."

Austrian Fritz Strobl, the 20th skier out of the start, captured the silver medal with 1:14.62 for his first career world championship medal. He was fourth in downhill in 2005 and 1997.

Strobl, the 2002 Olympic downhill champion, was a controversial selection of the Austrian super-G squad at the championship. "There was a lot of talk when I was chosen to race," Strobl said. "But I always said I'm not a joker but an ace."

Strobl was angry, however, about the starting order rules of the International Ski Federation, or FIS, which reverses the top-30 skiers in the discipline ranked on the World Cup. It means the world's best super-G skier begins 30th when the course is usually rutted and chopped up.

"To have a late start number here was a disadvantage for every top runner," said the Austrian veteran. "It's not fair. We are the puppets of the FIS."

Switzerland's Bruno Kernen took the bronze in 1:14.92.

This was the first title awarded at the championships, where racing was delayed for three days because of strong winds and heavy snowfalls.

"The conditions were perfect today," said American Steven Nyman, who covered his head with his hands in the finish after crossing only 12th, .90 off the winning pace.

Staudacher's previous best career result was sixth in a World Cup downhill at Bormio, Italy, earlier this season. His best super-G performance was eighth at Hinterstoder, Austria, in December.

In addition to eye surgery, Staudacher was also coming back from a left knee injury after a fall in training 10 days ago in Italy.

"It's a big surprise," said Italian coach Adriano Ilisse. "We were all expecting Peter Fill to do better ... But Patrick has been coming along and he skied perfectly today."

Fill finished 14th, 1.01 behind.

Italy's previous best result in a men's super-G at the worlds was a fifth-place finish by Alberto Tomba at Vail in 1989.

Defending champion Bode Miller of the United States finished 24th with a 1.34 deficit after committing several mistakes, losing almost half a second after hitting a gate with his shoulder on the bottom part of the course.

The 29-year-old American took a lot of risk on the upper section of the course and it appeared that Miller may have hurt his wrist. However, U.S. Ski Team spokesman Marc Habermann said Miller was uninjured.

"That's how skiing goes," Miller told host broadcasters SVT. "I risked it all and I lost."

Miller won the super-G on this course at last year's World Cup finals.

Reigning Olympic champion Kjetil Andre Aamodt retired this season. Austria's Hermann Maier, the Olympic silver medalist last winter, finished tied for seventh with Canadian Jan Hudec.

Three Canadians finished in the top-10.

Erik Guay was sixth, .65 off the winning pace and a tiny .03 from the podium. Francois Bourque finished ninth, .05 from a medal.

Six skiers finished within 0.05 seconds from third place.

World Cup overall leader Aksel Lund Svindal was disappointed with his 13th place finish.

"I thought it was a good run until I looked at the scoreboard," the Norwegian said. "I should never have looked because my race wasn't very good. It was a lot slower than I thought."

Staudacher was a surprise winner for Svindal.

"He was close to the podium in Bormio, but it is a huge surprise that he wins," he said.

Comment

[email protected]

Comment

looks like the dumb bastard shouldn't have partied so hard last night

Comment

Working...
                      X