Who Can Help Me With Computer Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bover1
    I Say Hard Drive Mine Is In The Shop For The Same Thing U Said....it Wouldnt Get Out Of Safe Mode.....they Told Me The Hard Drive Was Fucked....
    You're getting screwed which is the difference here

Comment

Originally posted by rocko
      yes frank i have try all that my KIDS GOT SOME NEW COMPUTER GAMES ON CD AND I LODED THEM ON MY XP AND AFTER THAT IS WHEN I STARTED TO HAVE PROBLEMS BUT I CANNOT GET BACK TO MY DESKTOP TO EVEN REMOVE THE PROGRAMS?????ERRRR AND NO I CANNOT GET INTO THE SAFE MOBE TO BOOT IT ANYTIME I SLECT THE SAFE MODE IT GOES RIGHT BACK TO THAT FUCKING BLUE SCREEN FUCKK FUCK FUCCK I HATE THIS IT DRIVES YA NIUTZZZZS HEL;P LOL HELP' ANYBODY ANYBODY IM TRYING NOT TO HAVE TO DO A WHOLE RESTORE CAUSE I WILL LOSE EVERYTHING
      THANKS GUYS
      GET-R-DON
      I highly doubt installing computer games on your PC caused your problems.

Comment

I had this promlem too,had a plastic bracket break and the hard drive came loose.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerJoe
          I had this problem before.

GO to microsoft and type in "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME" in search and it will tell you what to do.

You need to have your win XP disk and boot to that by going into bios and selecting your cd/dvd drive as the first boot device.

The cd will check your system and instead of installing xp you hit R for recovery.

Print out the instructions from microsoft and you need to do 3 things to fix it.

What happened is your master boot record is corrupt and needs to be fixed.

Hope this helps.

Here is the link to the page you need http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555302

Badger Joe
          This might work. Sometimes it's not as easy as this fix. Try this. Report back when done.

Boot your computer and go into your system bios. Usually by hitting DEL key or F2 key when booting. Does your computer bios recognize the HD?

Do you have your Windows XP activation key?

If you do try to repair your windows xp installation. A repair will probably require you to reactivate Windows but it'll leave all your computer files and programs intact.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Repai...s_XP-t138.html

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
            Dual Xeons? That doesn't run stuff like Microsoft Office does it?
            When I went to the Apple store, the guy told me the new macbook laptop and desktop runs a duo intel processor that will run any program. It's very slick. It's also super fast and virtually protected against viruses. The Macs are far surperior to any crappy PC and built ten times better....

from the Apple store...Intel Core 2 Duo processor

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...clm=MacBookPro
            [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog
              When I went to the Apple store, the guy told me the new macbook laptop and desktop runs a duo intel processor that will run any program. It's very slick. It's also super fast and virtually protected against viruses. The Macs are far surperior to any crappy PC and built ten times better....

from the Apple store...Intel Core 2 Duo processor

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...clm=MacBookPro
              On the desktops they either have a monitor built in with the computer or you have to get the dual xeons which is $2500 to start. I wasn't aware that macs would run software made for microsoft operating systems. I know a long time ago apple was working on it, but never knew if they got that fixed.

Comment

Kaz and Monte -------------------> Motel 6

Comment

Originally posted by bover1
                  I cant help, i cant even install YAHOO messenger on my computer....

lol, that is true
                  2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                      Kaz and Monte -------------------> Motel 6
                      Are you sure that's not you and your sister

Comment

Exactly....The Mac system is so fast and so stable. Never crashes and is virtually unharmed by any virus. And now, with this new intel processor, it will run any PC or Mac software. They are incredible machines. One of the best things about them, is they are very intuitive. I have a Powerbook G4, and I plug in it in and it knows exactly what I'm doing. Like eithernet, dial up, blue tooth, whatever....

KAZ
                        [email protected]

Comment

The Mac system is is virtually unharmed by any virus.
                          This is a myth. Mac operating system isn't immune from viruses. Hackers don't target Mac as often as they target Windows. Mostly because Windows dominates the market. 95% of web surfers use Windows.

Here's an interesting article comparing the two systems.

http://www.guidenet.net/resources/win_vs_mac.html

Comment

I think that's wrong. That company is Windows based and I'm sure somewhat biased. I'd like to see a totally independent study. They are wrong on some facts. The MAc speed is far superior when handling ram hungry programs. They don't crash and that's the reason many graphic companies all use Mac exclusively. Hackers have tried for years to come up with a virus for the Mac have not been able to. It's not just because Window users dominate the market. The first virus was caught recently in a Mac and that was after the intel processor was introduced. Windows is very difficult to navigate through and very difficult to configure. The Macs are very intuitive, esp the new ones and require almost no configuring. I have many friends that use both and I have as well. There is no comparison. The Mac is far superior and very stable.

KAZ
                            Last edited by KazDog; 12-28-2006, 12:03 AM.
                            [email protected]

Comment

I think that's wrong. That company is Windows based and I'm sure somewhat biased. I'd like to see a totally independent study. They are wrong on some facts. The MAc speed is far superior when handling ram hungry programs. They don't crash and that's the reason many graphic companies all use Mac exclusively. Hackers have tried for years to come up with a virus for the Mac have not been able to. It's not just because Window users dominate the market. The first virus was caught recently in a Mac and that was after the intel processor was introduced. Windows is very difficult to navigate through and very difficult to configure. The Macs are very intuitive, esp the new ones and require almost no configuring. I have many friends that use both and I have as well. There is no comparison. The Mac is far superior and very stable.

KAZ
                              I'm not going to get into a long Mac v. Windows debate. I've been a computer and network geek for 20+ years.

Much of what you say WAS true prior to Windows XP. It's not the case anymore.

Mac users love to brag how great it is. If it's that great why the large descrepancy of users?

Another article on the Mac Windows debate:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/4132195.html

Comment

The reason there are so many Windows users, is low cost and more software for the PC. That's going to change with the new Macs running Intel although the cost will remain high. You pay for what you get.

Macs last longer and are more stable because they never sold their operating system rights. They build their machines and have much better quality control.

I'm done arguing as well, and it's an argument you won't win with me. I've used both... Macs are easy, very fast, built for graphics and just a long lasting machine.

For what it's worth, Mac users brag for a reason. If it was crap, they wouldn't be bragging. PC users don't brag and most of the friends I have who use them, complain about crashes and network troubles.....

KAZ
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X