Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
    RWALL,

the only way i can see if that is justified is that he was actually trying to shoot the keys from the ignition and/or distributor cap off......I know some guys during the rapid fire key/ignition drill at the academy actually fired over 100 rounds....

but seriously i do not know how you can empty a clip and then put another 1 or 2 in the weapon.....
    Are you being a smartass with the academy comment? If not then why the fuck couldn't they shoot the tires.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
      Are you being a smartass with the academy comment? If not then why the fuck couldn't they shoot the tires.
      What do you think??? Of course i am being a smart-ass.....I would assume shooting the tires would be easier if you have a profile shot on the vehicle than from behind or in front of since you have almost zero tire to shoot at.....And in fact cars can go for miles with flats.....I watch those chase shows....

I just think these officers were trying to stop the vehicle and to them that means stopping the driver.....I think when it shakes out it will show excessive force, but i have been wrong many times before....

Comment

I agree, shooting out the tires won't stop the car from moving!

Comment

What do you think??? Of course i am being a smart-ass.....I would assume shooting the tires would be easier if you have a profile shot on the vehicle than from behind or in front of since you have almost zero tire to shoot at.....And in fact cars can go for miles with flats.....I watch those chase shows....

I just think these officers were trying to stop the vehicle and to them that means stopping the driver.....I think when it shakes out it will show excessive force, but i have been wrong many times before....
          Very funny

I guess shooting into the vehicle that many times was more justified. Maybe you will do a spin on this one just like the war.

And i'm quite aware that cars can go for miles on rims just not very fast or very effective. Like I said they could have also smashed into the vehicle.

Comment

I think there is NO DOUBT these cops were on steroids. The amount of rounds used is simply amazing considering NONE were fired in return. They should all be put on trial.

Comment

Thank you Wayne....I'm not going to judge too fast either, but in my line of work, I've met more cops who think they are above the law and trigger happy. Most of them are young guns who had little education and are roided up. They still think this is the ol' west. Shoot first, ask questions later.....I have many cops that are my friends, but it only takes a few assholes to ruin it for the majority.....

KAZ
              [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Very funny

I guess shooting into the vehicle that many times was more justified. Maybe you will do a spin on this one just like the war.

And i'm quite aware that cars can go for miles on rims just not very fast or very effective. Like I said they could have also smashed into the vehicle.
                i was against the war from the beginning.....dude, with all due respect get off your liberal soapbox please....You surely have a better sense of humor...Please show me where i did a spin on the war....the patriot act.....the minimum wage....All things i agreed on....However, i did not agree on how to get out of iraq now that we are there......Monte, the libs love you because you have no mind of your own....They say and you do......Please do not OD on the kool-aid...This is a free country and you are allowed to disagree with the dems once in awhile....ha ha

Comment

your right TTT...almost none of us know how it is to put our lives on the line everyday to try and keep crime off the streets...I could for sure see how someone who had never shot a gun in the line of duty before could get a little (or a lot in this case) trigger happy...is it justified?...of course not...but it's certainly not unexplainable

Comment

That's brilliant....Too bad we can't ask the kid who was going to be married the same day, what he thought about the cop, who had never shot a gun in the line of duty. Who emptied his clip, reloaded it, emptied it again, reloaded it again and then emptied it for the third time on a car that had no gun in it. And then claimed he didn't remember firing his gun. No matter how you slice that, something doesn't add up

And Tony....You're a rather intelligent guy. But to say Monte has no mind of his own on the subject of politics is not very intelligent or factual.
                    Last edited by KazDog; 12-12-2006, 01:22 AM.
                    [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

i was against the war from the beginning.....dude, with all due respect get off your liberal soapbox please....You surely have a better sense of humor...Please show me where i did a spin on the war....the patriot act.....the minimum wage....All things i agreed on....However, i did not agree on how to get out of iraq now that we are there......Monte, the libs love you because you have no mind of your own....They say and you do......Please do not OD on the kool-aid...This is a free country and you are allowed to disagree with the dems once in awhile....ha ha
                      You did your spin bud

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog
                        That's brilliant....Too bad we can't ask the kid who was going to be married the same day, what he thought about the cop, who had never shot a gun in the line of duty. Who emptied his clip, reloaded it, emptied it again, reloaded it again and then emptied it for the third time on a car that had no gun in it. And then claimed he didn't remember firing his gun. No matter how you slice that, something doesn't add up

And Tony....You're a rather intelligent guy. But to say Monte has no mind of his own on the subject of politics is not very intelligent or factual.
                        When reloading he never thought to shoot the tire or find another way to stop the vehicle that is if it needed to be stopped at that point. Shoot reload shoot reload etc.

Comment

You did your spin bud
                          no spin here.....just the facts...straight and true.....No matter how much i continue to repeat myself about being an issue guy not a party loyalist....you go right back at it....If that is the definition of spin...then i am guilty....

but then again....i am not very political to begin with

Comment

When reloading he never thought to shoot the tire or find another way to stop the vehicle that is if it needed to be stopped at that point. Shoot reload shoot reload etc.

i think the protocol in NY is to not use deadly force to stop a fleeing vehicle....I think the officers will contend that the vehicle was aiming for them, but in the initial reports it does not appear that way......It also says they never identified themselves as police......So if that is the case, I would be scared shitless and try to get out of there....I see no reason why someone would have the opportunity to reload 2 or 3 times....I realize in the heat of battle you may squeeze of an extra few rounds, but that does not apply here since he had to put a new clip in......This is just me speculating, but the facts are not in yet......(So Monte....i think we agree...not sure though),,,,,

Comment

Working...
                            X