You Gotta Be Kidding Me!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Gotta Be Kidding Me!!

I'm tired of hearing the "great" Al Sharpton talk about this guy that got shot in NYC. I mean COME ON. It is terrible that this guy got shot on his wedding day, but they try to say it was because he was a black male?!?!?! I mean if you want to say it was excessive force then cool....fine. BUT BECAUSE HE WAS BLACK? I mean he only left a club swerving...side swiped a under-cover police car...and then hits another under-cover car head on!!!...and then continues to drive off ...Who wouldn't expect to get shot at after that? I'm really sorry for his family having to deal with that but this is NOT a racial issue...NO WAY

tough to say until all the facts are in......I do not think 50 shots were warranted for what supposedly happened.....It is a damn shame....1 officer pumped out 31 rounds.....that is bs .....3 clips and no return fire.....come on.....excessive is an understatement

Comment

No way they should have opened fire on that car like that. At worse case scenario they could have shot the tires or rammed the car so it couldn't go anywhere.

Comment

Exactly...I mean I def. think it was excessive...and 31 shots is pretty stupid...and I agree...excessive is probably an understatement...BUT I still don't see how they say it's a racial issue...just the guy had never shot a gun before and got very very trigger happy...I would not defend him by any means...but i don't think he though to himself..."HEY"...theres a black guy...lets put 31 bullets in his car

Comment

Do you think if he was white they would pump 50 shots into his car?
          [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

if the guy didn't hit get loaded and take out two cars then keep driving off he wouldn't have had this problem......

Comment

I thought 2 officers that were veterans didn't shoot their guns at all?

Comment

i haven't heard this? Can someone post a link?

Comment

Found it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/11/ny...=1&oref=slogin

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
                    No way they should have opened fire on that car like that. At worse case scenario they could have shot the tires or rammed the car so it couldn't go anywhere.
                    You watch way too much television.....That's like saying "why can't they shoot the gun out his hand" or "just shoot them in the leg".

Starsky and Hutch are retired.
                    Remember the three R's:
                    Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

I do not think any of us can put ourselves in the officers shoes except RWall....I know a Broward County Sheriff was gunned down a month ago and no way can i or any of us know what the threat of that feels like on a daily basis....I am reserving judgement until the facts are in. I do respect the jobs that officers do on a daily basis....I for one could not do it......

p.s. I think he should have shot the keys out of the ignition and it would have stopped the car

Comment

p.s. I think he should have shot the keys out of the ignition and it would have stopped the car

Questions, comments, complaints:
                        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
                          I do not think any of us can put ourselves in the officers shoes except RWall....I know a Broward County Sheriff was gunned down a month ago and no way can i or any of us know what the threat of that feels like on a daily basis....I am reserving judgement until the facts are in. I do respect the jobs that officers do on a daily basis....I for one could not do it......

Tony thanks
                          I have reserved making a judgement BUT I can not see how 51 rounds without returned fire can be justified WE'LL SEE SOON
                          Remember the three R's:
                          Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

Originally posted by rwall
                            You watch way too much television.....That's like saying "why can't they shoot the gun out his hand" or "just shoot them in the leg".

Starsky and Hutch are retired.
                            I could shoot a tire

Signed,
                            Starsky & Hutch

Comment

Originally posted by rwall
                              Tony thanks
                              I have reserved making a judgement BUT I can not see how 51 rounds without returned fire can be justified WE'LL SEE SOON
                              RWALL,

the only way i can see if that is justified is that he was actually trying to shoot the keys from the ignition and/or distributor cap off......I know some guys during the rapid fire key/ignition drill at the academy actually fired over 100 rounds....

but seriously i do not know how you can empty a clip and then put another 1 or 2 in the weapon.....

Comment

Working...
                              X