Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Sirius Satellite Radio....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Sirius Satellite Radio....

I recently bought a new car a month ago and it came with 6 months free satellite radio...

Question 1.

Is there something i can buy so i can listen to it in the house?

Question 2.

How come MLB is not on sirius?? I know its on XM but is there a law stating that both can't carry baseball games??

Originally posted by The Lovedoc
    I recently bought a new car a month ago and it came with 6 months free satellite radio...

Question 1.

Is there something i can buy so i can listen to it in the house? Yes. It's a Boom Box for in house.

Question 2.

How come MLB is not on sirius?? I know its on XM but is there a law stating that both can't carry baseball games?? XM has the MLB Contract and Sirius has the NFL contract. They bid on it.
    Answers

Comment

Wayne, how much does the boombox cost and will i have to pay extra a month??

Also, do they bid on the sport packages every year or are you telling me sirius will never have mlb??

Comment

i think howard stern has sirius locked up...he don't like sports! j/k love doc......can't answer your ?

Comment

Wayne, how much does the boombox cost and will i have to pay extra a month??

Also, do they bid on the sport packages every year or are you telling me sirius will never have mlb??
          No extra per month. It just plugs into the boom box. I think they are about $100. Just go to sirius.com and check it out.

I don't know if it's each year. I think it's a longer term deal like 5-6 year contracts though. XM has Oprah, Sirius has Howard Stern. They are competing with each other and whoever signs on the best people will get the most new customers. It's an ongoing battle between the 2. Sirius has alot of College sports too and generally more sports overall.

Comment

Originally posted by tash
            i think howard stern has sirius locked up...he don't like sports! j/k love doc......can't answer your ?

Its been a freakin year since i listened to stern... When i got the car last month and heard him for the 1st time i was just elated.. Dude, his fucking show is hilarious now!!! I need to get Howard in Demand on TV.. funny ass shit!!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
              No extra per month. It just plugs into the boom box. I think they are about $100. Just go to sirius.com and check it out.

I don't know if it's each year. I think it's a longer term deal like 5-6 year contracts though. XM has Oprah, Sirius has Howard Stern. They are competing with each other and whoever signs on the best people will get the most new customers. It's an ongoing battle between the 2. Sirius has alot of College sports too and generally more sports overall.

Wayne, i only have sirius which is built into the car... Not the portable one

Comment

Its been a freakin year since i listened to stern... When i got the car last month and heard him for the 1st time i was just elated.. Dude, his fucking show is hilarious now!!! I need to get Howard in Demand on TV.. funny ass shit!!
                They replay his morning show all day in case you couldn't listen live. It is "Off the Hook" now that the FCC has no regulations on him anymore. The language and shit is unreal.

Comment

Wayne, i only have sirius which is built in to the car... Not the portable one
                  You would have to buy a portable one then. It wouldn't cost anymore service wise.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                    They replay his morning show all day in case you couldn't listen live. It is "Off the Hook" now that the FCC has no regulations on him anymore. The language and shit is unreal.

Oh yeah.. you know, i'm wondering when he retires if Artie will stay on the air and maybe some of the other guys who are there.. Like Fred, Gary or Robin...

I have also started listening to Bubba the Lovesponge. He used to be on down here in florida but was hacked 1st before howard. His show is pretty damn amusing as well

Comment

yea- i keep telling my wife that....she's not buying it....she' s one of them straight shooters.....fuck that! but yet, she will hop on plane with me to vegas in 2 seconds...

Comment

Wayne, i just checked out the boombox.. im gonna buy that

Comment

Wayne, i just checked out the boombox.. im gonna buy that
                          Nice!

Comment

Comment

I talked to one of the customer service reps today and they are 100% sure they will have the MLB by the end of the year... I believe the contract is up on it...Even if the merger does not go through

Comment

Working...
                              X