X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britney Spears files for divorce in LA

By JEREMIAH MARQUEZ, Associated Press Writer
    51 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Britney Spears is saying bye-bye K-Fed. The pop princess filed for divorce Tuesday from her husband, former backup dancer and aspiring rapper Kevin Federline. The Los Angeles County Superior Court filing cites "irreconcilable differences," said court spokeswoman Kathy Roberts.

Spears, 24, married rapper Kevin Federline, 28, in 2004. They have a 1-year-old son, Sean Preston, and an infant son who was born Sept. 12. The divorce papers identify the baby as Jayden James Federline.

A message left with Spears' attorney, Laura Wasser, was not immediately returned.

Spears married Federline eight months after ending a 55-hour Las Vegas marriage to her childhood friend, Jason Alexander. Her second marriage has provided endless fodder for tabloids, which have speculated frequently that the union was in trouble.

Federline's attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan, issued a statement declining comment.

"There is no statement at this time as requested by Mark's client, Kevin Federline," said Michael Sands, spokesman for Kaplan.

In the divorce papers, Spears asks for custody of the couple's two children, with visitation rights for Federline. The filing lists as separate property, and thereby off-limits to Federline, "miscellaneous jewelry and other personal affects," earnings and other assets to be determined later.

The filing comes just a day after Spears, back in shape after the birth of her second child, made a surprise appearance on David Letterman's "Late Show" in New York by popping up behind him as he was sitting at his desk.

Federline appeared in the movie "You Got Served" and performed as a backup dancer for singer Justin Timberlake, Spears' former boyfriend. He was previously involved with actress Shar Jackson of TV's "Moesha." Federline and Jackson have two children.

Born in Kentwood, Louisiana in 1981, Spears got her first taste of fame at age 11 when she joined the "New Mickey Mouse Club" TV show. Her fellow Mouseketeers included future superstars Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera.

Five years after leaving the show she released her debut album, "Baby One More Time." In the video for the title track, Spears dressed provocatively in a school uniform and cemented her reputation as a sex symbol. Yet, throughout a years-long romance with Timberlake, Spears always proclaimed her chastity.

By 2003, she had fully embraced her sex-charged image, sharing an open-mouthed kiss with Madonna during the MTV Video Music Awards.

Let's see he gets her pregnant twice and now will get multi-millions. What a guy..........

Comment

Britney Spears was married???
      Signed,
      JC

Comment

Originally posted by Meg25
        Signed,
        JC
        I expected more than that from you

Comment

i'm tired
          Last edited by Meg30; 11-07-2006, 07:13 PM.

Comment

i'm tired

Comment

Signed,
              JC

Lame sleeping beauty
              Questions, comments, complaints:
              [email protected]

Comment

Questions, comments, complaints:
                [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
                  Lame sleeping beauty

what a bunch of moody men on here today

Comment

Cake

Comment

i am completely SHOCK that brit and kevin didnt last next im going to find out that 1 of the insync members is gay??????

Comment

what a dumb whore......now shes dumb ugly and has stretch marks............
                        MY MEAT IN THE HOT DESERT.......

Comment

Originally posted by bover1
                          what a dumb whore......now shes dumb ugly and has stretch marks............
                          Like you wouldn't take her

NEVERMIND

Comment

Funny how ths happens a mere 90 hours before I get married...I guess I should be expecting a knock on more door any second. She knows where her bread is buttered....but I am going to play tough to get....
                            Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

who couldnt see this one coming.

K fed is a tool
                              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Working...
                              X