Monte and The Bettorschat site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monte and The Bettorschat site

Monte.....I was just on another betting forum and the owner of the site posted that next week the anti-gaming bill will get signed and he will have 270 days shut down or face prosecution because a betting forum is considered illegal in the new bill. He basically stated that he IS shutting down his site and said thanks and good bye to all.

Are you considering the same move, considering that this site is exactly like his? He is setting up a separate email account for some members to share info but obviously it won't be the same.

Let us know what your plans if you are facing the same fate. I'm not trying to get people here riled up, but to see a site such as he had for as long as it was up, go under is a bit disconcerting....

KAZ
    [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

It's my understanding the bill is not banning betting but prohibiting US bank from funding offshore accounts

Comment

Sounds like the guy on that other site is overreacting or he has something going on the side that he's not making public.
      Every
      Villain
      Is
      Lemons

Comment

That's what I thought.....But this site owner said it will be illegal for him to operate a gambling forum like this one and his own.....Here is his letter......

The Gambling Bill will most likely be enacted sometime next week.

In its current form the ---------- site and this message board will be considered illegal. As a U.S. resident I would be subject to prosecution even if I set-up a foreign corporation, moved out of the country and physically had the server outside of the U.S.

There is no real practical solution other than to remove all links and cease the posting of "information" on the site and message board. A 270-day period is provided to comply with the law, however the ISP may start blocking the site before then and law enforcement may expedite the closure of this site/message board.

In other words, I may not get the benefit of the full 270 days, however I will keep it going for as long as I can.

It's been a great 10-year run. I sincerely appreciate all the people (past and present) that have taken the time to participate and I cannot truly express my gratitude in a post to so many great people. It truly saddens me that the rug has been pulled out from under us in this endeavor. The focus of this site always has been about "educating" those interested in sports gaming, promotion was a distant second. I sincerely thank all of you that have supported this site!

What I think we can do is set up a private e-mail group for those interested in staying in touch and sharing opinions. I have set up such a group in Yahoo. As I said this is a private group and requires approval. If you're interested in joining the group send me an e-mail at ----------- or an EzInbox Message here with the e-mail you wish to subscribe to the group with. If you think I might not know who you are, please give me a hint -- I rather keep the Nazi's out In any event you will receive an invitation e-mail back to join the group and have the option to opt-out any time you wish.

I don't intend to start using the group e-mail until forced to shut down -- however I'm not exactly sure when that will be.

Once again thanks to all!
        [email protected]

Comment

It's freedom of speech. We discuss sports. Is the bill going to silence all sports gambling talk on ESPN and other programs?

Comment

What site kaz? Post and i'll erase.

Comment

Here ya go Wayne....I posted a comn=ment to the owner
              Last edited by BettorsChat; 10-08-2006, 08:50 AM.
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog
                That's what I thought.....But this site owner said it will be illegal for him to operate a gambling forum like this one and his own.....Here is his letter......

The Gambling Bill will most likely be enacted sometime next week.

In its current form the ---------- site and this message board will be considered illegal. As a U.S. resident I would be subject to prosecution even if I set-up a foreign corporation, moved out of the country and physically had the server outside of the U.S.

There is no real practical solution other than to remove all links and cease the posting of "information" on the site and message board. A 270-day period is provided to comply with the law, however the ISP may start blocking the site before then and law enforcement may expedite the closure of this site/message board.

In other words, I may not get the benefit of the full 270 days, however I will keep it going for as long as I can.

It's been a great 10-year run. I sincerely appreciate all the people (past and present) that have taken the time to participate and I cannot truly express my gratitude in a post to so many great people. It truly saddens me that the rug has been pulled out from under us in this endeavor. The focus of this site always has been about "educating" those interested in sports gaming, promotion was a distant second. I sincerely thank all of you that have supported this site!

What I think we can do is set up a private e-mail group for those interested in staying in touch and sharing opinions. I have set up such a group in Yahoo. As I said this is a private group and requires approval. If you're interested in joining the group send me an e-mail at ----------- or an EzInbox Message here with the e-mail you wish to subscribe to the group with. If you think I might not know who you are, please give me a hint -- I rather keep the Nazi's out In any event you will receive an invitation e-mail back to join the group and have the option to opt-out any time you wish.

I don't intend to start using the group e-mail until forced to shut down -- however I'm not exactly sure when that will be.

Once again thanks to all!

operate a gambling forum

can you or anyone define 'gambling forum"....?

Comment

??? Can you put a space in between letters?
                  Last edited by BettorsChat; 10-08-2006, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Well....it blanked it out

Put in.......ez-board dot com........without the dash I added in the site above
                    Last edited by KazDog; 10-07-2006, 11:03 PM.
                    [email protected]

Comment

were you able to figure it out?
                      [email protected]

Comment

no?

Comment

Let me try again to list it.....wait a sec
                          [email protected]

Comment

kaz you have mail

Comment

Ok.....go to

without the spaces.....once there, go to the left and look for post your picks on the left side menu
                              Last edited by BettorsChat; 10-08-2006, 08:52 AM.
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X