Pavano crashed his Porsche into tractor trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pavano crashed his Porsche into tractor trailer

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - New York Yankees pitcher Carl Pavano crashed his 2006 Porsche into a tractor trailer on August 15, causing $30,000 in damages to his car, according to a West Palm Beach police report.

Pavano was driving on a busy West Palm Beach road at 11:25 a.m. when he hydroplaned, lost control of the car and crashed into a tractor trailer, the report states.
    "It was a significant accident," West Palm Beach police Lt. Chuck Reed said Tuesday afternoon.

Earlier in the day, the police department said it was unable to locate an accident report.

A baseball official, speaking on condition of anonymity because the team is just starting its own investigation, said Pavano did not tell the Yankees about the accident until Monday, when a scan revealed two broken ribs.

Pavano, who was driving the Porsche, was at fault, according to the police report, which does not indicate whether any charges were filed or tickets issued.

Reed said there is no record of Pavano receiving a ticket.

Damages to the truck, which belonged to the Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County, were estimated at $20,000 in the report.

Pavano, who hasn't played in the major leagues since June 27, 2005, due to injuries, was scheduled for a medical checkup Tuesday and remains on track to make his final rehabilitation start Wednesday for Triple-A Columbus at Durham.

The same day Pavano was in the crash, he pitched four shutout innings for Class A Tampa at Brevard County, the first of three rehab starts.

"I figured that, at the time, it was something I could get through," Pavano said, adding that he never recovered from the injuries so he felt he needed to inform the team of the crash. "I figured the best thing to do was come clean with it and get the right treatment." The team was still hoping Pavano would rejoin its rotation this week, filling the spot opened when Mike Mussina went on the disabled list last week.

General manager Brian Cashman said he was angry Pavano didn't tell the team sooner, calling it frustrating and disappointing.

Pavano signed a $39.95 million, four-year contract with the Yankees as a free agent before the 2005 season and went 4-6 with a 4.77 ERA in 17 major league starts before going on the disabled list.

What an idiot. GREAT P/U for the Yankees there. They got screwed on that deal!

Comment

There is now way in hell that bum should be able to afford a Porsche! Another OVERPAID Yankmee! Imagine that

Comment

$30K in damage, not even close to being totaled for a Porsche. well maybe hell pitch next year, what a joke
        Lord Knows I'm A Voodoo Child

My record Click Here

Comment

He was probably gettin a Blow Job

from alissa milano

Comment

he is a dick!!

Comment

happened 3 minutes from my house.... I found out about it the day it happened... My friend works for the company which he rammed into.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovedoc
                happened 3 minutes from my house.... I found out about it the day it happened... My friend works for the company which he rammed into.. lol
                Was he driving your Porsche?

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                  Was he driving your Porsche?

NO...i drive a NEON!!!

Comment

Poor guy.....I feel really sorry for him

I hope they get his tractor trailer fixed

KAZ
                    [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovedoc
                      NO...i drive a NEON!!!
                      no doc drives a neon

Comment

what the hells wrong with this guy can do no right since he signed w/da yanks
                        How many more titles will the Yankees try to buy it never ends.

Comment

Working...
                        X