Middle Class Squeeze Growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle Class Squeeze Growing

Ben Bernanke (fed Chairman) Testified Today And Admitted That The Middle Class Is Shrinking At A Faster Rate Than Expected And That The Upper Class Was Growing. The Change Between The Ceo Salaries And Regular Corporate Jobs Are Becoming More Dinstinctive And That The Middle Management, Tech Jobs And Higher Scale Jobs Are Alltogether Disappearing. When Pressed About The Losses Of Jobs Bernanke Said He Believed That Americans Were Becoming Less Qualified To Handle The Changes In The Market. He Failed To Mention The Effect Of Cheap Labor Market, Outsourcing Of Technical Jobs To 3rd World Countries, And The Effect Of Illegal Aliens Were Having On The Job Prospects In This Country. With Higher Costs At The Pump, Higher Housing And Educational Costs, And Higher Health Costs, Dont Expect Any Relief Soon.

these are all valid ponts but he may be right about some americans not being qualified to do certain jobs....I think it is the dumbing down of america...we have lowered our standards so much here to make everyone feel good.....but it all comes out in the wash....Go to any high school and see who is the valedictorian and top students....Many times it is the immigrant kis like indian, pakistani, vietnamese, etc....Bottom line is that we have gotten soft and have an entitlement mentality....Many kids under 21 have never even seen a real recession or tough times........To succeed in life there have to be sacrifices in terms of education, consumer consumption and so forth to get ahead......To just be given jobs because we are entitled to them goes against capitalism.......

Bottom line is to always better yourself so you are always marketable and this in turn gives you options....And that my friend is the key in life....to have options

Comment

Good Point

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
      these are all valid ponts but he may be right about some americans not being qualified to do certain jobs....I think it is the dumbing down of america...we have lowered our standards so much here to make everyone feel good.....but it all comes out in the wash....Go to any high school and see who is the valedictorian and top students....Many times it is the immigrant kis like indian, pakistani, vietnamese, etc....Bottom line is that we have gotten soft and have an entitlement mentality....Many kids under 21 have never even seen a real recession or tough times........To succeed in life there have to be sacrifices in terms of education, consumer consumption and so forth to get ahead......To just be given jobs because we are entitled to them goes against capitalism.......

Bottom line is to always better yourself so you are always marketable and this in turn gives you options....And that my friend is the key in life....to have options

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THE KEY. IF YOU HAVE NO OPTIONS ITS LIKE HAVING A CLOSER WHO CANT CLOSE. YOU MIGHT MAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO THE NINTH AND JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD THE GAME WON, YOU LOSE IT. GREAT POINT.

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann
        Ben Bernanke (fed Chairman) Testified Today And Admitted That The Middle Class Is Shrinking At A Faster Rate Than Expected And That The Upper Class Was Growing.
        Hmmm, so less middle class and more upper class. I'm reading that as people who were in the middle class are making more money, not a bad thing.
        O..H.........I..O!

2010 NCAA Football: 4-3-1

2010 NFL: 0-0

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball: 30-23-1

Comment

Originally posted by ULikeApples
          Hmmm, so less middle class and more upper class. I'm reading that as people who were in the middle class are making more money, not a bad thing.
          That would be a good thing then, right? Not to the liberals. They don't want an upper class. They want everyone the same.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony

TTT, well said and sadly so true.

My kids are a perfect example. They have no clue. They've never gone without. For the most part they get anything they want. I was grewing up middle class. I received material things twice each year. My birthday and Christmas. The rest of the year I went without.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbread
              Not to the liberals. They want everyone the same.
              They want everyone miserible like they are.

Comment

I was spoiled rotten growing up. My parents weren't/aren't rich, but they made sure that my bro and I had everything we wanted - got a good thing. However, the difference maker was my parents worked the shit out of us. Grades were either straight A's or kill yourself and chores were limitless.
                NFL Kruise
                2-2*

*updated as of 9/9

Comment

Working...
                X