Internet Trolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Trolls

An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. A Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

A classic troll is trying to make us believe that he is a skeptic. He is divisive and argumentative with need-to-be-right attitude, "searching for the truth", flaming discussion, and sometimes insulting people or provoking people to insult him. The Troll is usually an expert in reusing the same words of its opponents and in turning it against them.

While he tries to present himself as a skeptic looking for truth ... his messages usually sound as if it is the responsibility of other forum members to provide evidence that what the discussions is all about is legitimate.

Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.

Now I know that some people actually have an official title.

Comment

I know a couple at this site
      Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
        I know a couple at this site
        That's why I posted it. I read it online yesterday and a few BC member immediately came to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by CheechB03
          That's why I posted it. I read it online yesterday and a few BC member immediately came to mind.
          They are the Beevis and Butthead of BC!!

Comment

Working...
          X