Oil Cartels; Bp Amoco Exxon Mobil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BackDoorCvr
    You guys are absolutely right. There are too many people who like to blame Big Oil or Bush for high oil (and subsequently gas) prices and have no concept of how open markets work or just fail to believe that the laws of supply and demand are applicable here. We're sitting on billions of barrels of oil in our own country in ANWR and off our coast lines but yet we rely on other countries to satisfy our supply. This behavior of ours is ridiculed by the rest of the world. Venezuela would put an oil rig in the middle of downtown Caracus if there was oil there and would care less while we are afraid of a few moose or birds possibly being disturbed in Alaska or God forbid people on the coast seeing a rig miles in the distance.
    ANWR is not the solution it would only provide oil for a short period of time while continuing to destroy the natuaral habitat of that area which is already being destroyed by global warming.

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann
      ONCE AGAIN YOU ARE BLINDED BY YOUR NOSE BEING SHOVED UP THE REPUBLICAN PARTIES ASS. I DONT CARE ABOUT PARTY AFILLIATIONS. THE PRESIDENT AND THE REST OF THESE CLOWNS(MEANING REPUBLICAN AND DEMOCRATS) HAVENT EVEN ADDRESSED THE DISAPEARING MIDDLE CLASS IN THIS COUNTRY, THE RISE OF INFLATION, AND THE DECLINING WAGE SCALE, AND THE INCREASING COSTS THAT HAPPENING EVERYDAY. THESE CLOWNS ARE HAPPY THAT MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH KOREA ARE HOT SPOTS AND ARE TAKING PLACE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE THAT CAN TAKE ATTENTION FROM WHATS GOING ON HERE DOMESTICALLY. HIGHER PRICES AND THE WILLINGNESS TO IMPORT CHEAP LABOR HERE TO DRIVE DOWN MINIMUM WAGES. ILLEGAL ALIENS,HIGHER COST(OIL AND OTHER GOODS) AND CHEAP LABOR SHOULD BE NUMBER ONE HIS AGENDA BUT CONGRESS AND THE PRESIDENT ARE DEFLECTING THESE ISSUES WITH FOREIGN POLICY. DONT GET ME WRONG THESE ARE OBVIOUS IMPORTANT SUBJECTS BUT THIS CLOWN HASNT EVEN ADDRESSED THESE SUBJECTS AT ALL IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS. WE NEED TO CHANGE OUR WHOLE LEADERSHIP STRUCTURE AND REMOVE THE DO-NOTHING CONGRESS OUT OF OFFICE AND GET PEOPLE IN OFFICE WHO WILL ADDRESS AMERICAN ISSUES AT HOME ALSO. I SAY FUCK THE DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS-------THEY SERVE NO ONE, BUT THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Actually I was watching c-span and a Democrate did say something about the declining middle class or it may have been Ralph Nader shit I cant remember.

We need a third party
      We need term limits on House members and senate members just like the President.

However, to get people in there that will really look out for the people in General I don't think that will happen. I tend to vote as I've said before for Democrats as I believe they do more for the middle class and lower class.

Clinton tried to get insurance for all the un-insured and couldn't get it through the House or Senate.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
        why is the wage scale declining??? any thoughts on that??? could it have something to do with the economy becoming more service and less manufacturing??? i also believe that now we are in a world economy and things have gotten very competitive......

I am looking for answers...since i do not know the whole issue.....I just know we had all better not be counting on penisons or SS....We should treat ourselves like our own corporation and we will be fine......Twotontony inc. has to be run like a regular company....I do not live above my means and do not buy anything on credit......I think many of our problems are our own doing and lack of personal discipline....

JMHO....but then again i am a hard ass
        Shit if congress had to be put on SS then the problem would be solved. And they should have to be put on it. The money is going to run out if they don't do something.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
          Shit if congress had to be put on SS then the problem would be solved. And they should have to be put on it. The money is going to run out if they don't do something.

i do not think that would matter....most are independently wealthy anyways......any real solutions???

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
            Actually I was watching c-span and a Democrate did say something about the declining middle class or it may have been Ralph Nader shit I cant remember.

We need a third party
            We need term limits on House members and senate members just like the President.

However, to get people in there that will really look out for the people in General I don't think that will happen. I tend to vote as I've said before for Democrats as I believe they do more for the middle class and lower class.

Clinton tried to get insurance for all the un-insured and couldn't get it through the House or Senate.

WITHOUT A DOUBT, TERM LIMITS SHOULD BE IN PLACE FOR HOUSE AND SENATE MEMBERS.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
              i do not think that would matter....most are independently wealthy anyways......any real solutions???
              Why would it not matter? Do you know how many millions of $ they get when they retire? It's absurd. I've seen where some of them are going to get in the $6-$7 million range.

I say take 10% of the money and get a damn good committe to invest in the stock market.

Comment

Working...
              X