Enron founder Ken Lay dead of heart attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enron founder Ken Lay dead of heart attack

HOUSTON (Reuters) - Enron Corp. founder Ken Lay, who was convicted last month of fraud and conspiracy for his part in the Houston-based company's collapse into bankruptcy in 2001, has died of a heart attack at his vacation home in Colorado, a Houston television station reported on Wednesday.

KHOU-TV, a CBS affiliate, said Lay suffered a massive heart attack. He was awaiting sentencing later this year and was expected to face a lengthy prison term for his convictions in the Enron collapse.

Cnn keeps going on and on all morning about this guy like he was some kind of deity.

Comment

If it could be proven, I would say line should be Lay died of overdose-130, died of natural causes(massive coronary)+110.

Comment

CNN is now showing a past interview with Lay. Doesn't the network have anything better to show than rehashing old material with this useless/worthless turd?

Comment

Savage,
          Ken Lay cost a lot of people a lot of money and deserved to spend the rest of his life in jail. You sound excited that he is dead. Come on bro, I pictured you as a compassionate sort. Even triple murderer's in Mass get life in prison. Lay was a scoundrel, no doubt, but to lay odds on his death? Hell, I lost money in my 401K as did many thanks to his doings. I should be the last person to stand up for this man.

As for useless and worthless...that assessment is probably being made by a higher source as we speak. I am disappointed in your angry post directed at someone you didn't know. I would wager that your investments were probably not impacted either.

Savage no offense man, but this post hit me me wrong. I wish you all the best brother, but you are an angry dude.

Comment

Ken Lay will not be down for breakfast...

Comment

As they say, Karma is a bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by winner
                HOUSTON (Reuters) - Enron Corp. founder Ken Lay, who was convicted last month of fraud and conspiracy for his part in the Houston-based company's collapse into bankruptcy in 2001, has died of a heart attack at his vacation home in Colorado, a Houston television station reported on Wednesday.

KHOU-TV, a CBS affiliate, said Lay suffered a massive heart attack. He was awaiting sentencing later this year and was expected to face a lengthy prison term for his convictions in the Enron collapse.
                What's your take on this George?

Comment

Originally posted by robby_morini
                  Savage,
                  Ken Lay cost a lot of people a lot of money and deserved to spend the rest of his life in jail. You sound excited that he is dead. Come on bro, I pictured you as a compassionate sort. Even triple murderer's in Mass get life in prison. Lay was a scoundrel, no doubt, but to lay odds on his death? Hell, I lost money in my 401K as did many thanks to his doings. I should be the last person to stand up for this man.

As for useless and worthless...that assessment is probably being made by a higher source as we speak. I am disappointed in your angry post directed at someone you didn't know. I would wager that your investments were probably not impacted either.

Savage no offense man, but this post hit me me wrong. I wish you all the best brother, but you are an angry dude.
                  Robby-You are correct that he was not a terrorist and thus not a murderer.
                  On the other hand, in some of interviews he stated that he believed and always believed in god;certainly his actions belied his stated beliefs, no?
                  My use of words "useless and worthless" could probably best be applied to those who were directly affected by his deception, and no I was not one of them.
                  As far as laying odds on how he died, perhaps that was tasteless, but I was trying to express an opinion as to how he really did die;afterall, being 64, something tells me that the thought of spending the rest of life behind bars was probably not too appealling.
                  Actually, I am not angry at all, but on the other hand I am not sad either;how can one be sad when someone knowingly destroyed other people(in a financial sense) for his own betterment?
                  Actually, from my point of view only, I think it might have been better for him to spend time in prison to reflect upon his sins and seek spiritual guidance.
                  I hope above clarifies my views.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat

That the typical left will try and spin and blame Bush for the scandal, even though it was on Billy C's watch!!

Comment

That the typical left will try and spin and blame Bush for the scandal, even though it was on Billy C's watch!!
                      Figures

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
                        I won't stoop to your name calling, but I also think he will go down as the face of corporate scandal. Even though he's probably just the tip of the iceberg. It was great that he was caught and prosecuted, but no amount of jail time was bringing back the money he stole and fixing the lives he damaged. It would have been great if there was some way to recoup something, if even pennies on the dollar. It's disgusting that he was found "in his vacation home" while countless others probably lost their homes due to his greed and holier than thou attitude.

Comment

I won't stoop to your name calling, but I also think he will go down as the face of corporate scandal. Even though he's probably just the tip of the iceberg. It was great that he was caught and prosecuted, but no amount of jail time was bringing back the money he stole and fixing the lives he damaged. It would have been great if there was some way to recoup something, if even pennies on the dollar. It's disgusting that he was found "in his vacation home" while countless others probably lost their homes due to his greed and holier than thou attitude.
                          Na you don't stoop to name calling you just do it in a different fashion.

Comment

Working...
                          X