Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Owned a Sports Service

Now that hopefully I have your attention, here is a question to ponder:
    First we know a lot of services shows gimmicks like million and even billion star locks to get attention;we have also seen some sarcastic posts in the sports service section regarding this.
    As we all know, there are some services which use more simple rating systems such as 1-3, 1-5, etc.
    The question is if you were starting a sports service, what type of system do you think you would use for maximum return or perhaps would you even bother with rating systems and just put the plays out? If you have some type of rating system other than the traditional numerical ones, please state what it would be.
    Also what is your opinion of GOY'S in a specific sport, and do you think it is ok for a service to put out more than 1 GOY in a sport?
    Obviously this topic is a bit loaded to an extent because of what we already know about other sports services out there,
    much of which has been subject to derision, but I thought it would be fun anyways,

I would use a 1-5 rating.

I'm against GOY. In baseball what if you release your GOY in July? There's still 2+ months to go in the season. I don't believe services should rate any game as a GOY let alone more than one.

Comment

It all depends how you want to build your service.....Do you want to just churn and burn clients....Then I would sell the hype.......If i were to have a sports service that i was interested in building up a legitimate client base i would have a 1-4 star system and i would have a cumulative updated record for each sport so the clients can see what i have done over my full body of work,.....this way i am not saying i am 84% over the last week and so on.....

But i do not pick well enough to be a year round service.....I am only good at 2 sports and boxing also.....

So that eliminates me..

Comment

is there any other way services do it but to churn and burn their clients? there aren't any worth your money in the first place, because to pay for their service and make money using their plays you'd have to bet an arm and a leg anyway and if you have that kind of cash you always have more to put back into your bad habits.
        boxing 7-3 +12.95 units

Comment

Originally posted by amhlilhaus
          is there any other way services do it but to churn and burn their clients? there aren't any worth your money in the first place, because to pay for their service and make money using their plays you'd have to bet an arm and a leg anyway and if you have that kind of cash you always have more to put back into your bad habits.
          i actually know 3 i can think of that are not churn and burn.....2 are very good and if you stay with them you usually win....1 is pricey...the other reasonable.....but most are for sure

Comment

Originally posted by amhlilhaus

Speaking from experience....I don't churn and burn, and the reason is very simple. I don't believe in my own hype.

I don't win every day. It's just that simple. No one does. If you start believeing in every 50 dime milion star lock, well, your just throwing yoru money away.

But if your with a service long term that prides itself on long term profits, well, then you can't churn and burn.

I have had clients for over 3 years now. I've had some for 3 weeks, that I'm hoping to turn into 3 years.

I dont believe in GOY, months, whatever...it's all hype. I hate it. Plays are one unit and one unit only, cause if you really belive that someone owns vegas, or has some inside information, refs in their pocket...blah blah blah...then again...that money is just burning an hole in your pocket.

It's just not true.

I'm in the belief of It's a marathon not a sprint...

but i'm in the minority in this business, and I realize that. That might have cost me a bunch of potential clients, but I think it's also got me a good many as well.

Just my two cents. .....

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
              Speaking from experience....I don't churn and burn, and the reason is very simple. I don't believe in my own hype.

I don't win every day. It's just that simple. No one does. If you start believeing in every 50 dime milion star lock, well, your just throwing yoru money away.

But if your with a service long term that prides itself on long term profits, well, then you can't churn and burn.

I have had clients for over 3 years now. I've had some for 3 weeks, that I'm hoping to turn into 3 years.

I dont believe in GOY, months, whatever...it's all hype. I hate it. Plays are one unit and one unit only, cause if you really belive that someone owns vegas, or has some inside information, refs in their pocket...blah blah blah...then again...that money is just burning an hole in your pocket.

It's just not true.

I'm in the belief of It's a marathon not a sprint...

but i'm in the minority in this business, and I realize that. That might have cost me a bunch of potential clients, but I think it's also got me a good many as well.

Just my two cents. .....
              although i do not use services...i respect your business model immensely....good luck to you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
                although i do not use services...i respect your business model immensely....good luck to you!!!

Thanks TTT,

I wasn't trying to advertise myself here...just thought it might shed a bit of light into the question.

I appreciate the words though....coming from someone I respect very much in this forum, that means a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
                  Thanks TTT,

I wasn't trying to advertise myself here...just thought it might shed a bit of light into the question.

I appreciate the words though....coming from someone I respect very much in this forum, that means a lot.

if i were a serious gambler i would think about it since i can only cap 2 sports consistently......but i am just a ham and egger........

I did not think you were advertising....I know everyone here respects you......

Keep up the good work!!

Comment

I think I would rate most games(say 80%) as normal plays(say 1 star), maybe 15% as strong(2 stars) and maybe 5% as extra strong( 3 stars).
                    I think it would be ok to have 1 GOY(4 stars) in a given sport if the circumstances warranted it no matter when it occurred, but that would be it even if a stronger game came along later, which I would then designate as a 3 star.
                    Last edited by savage1; 06-25-2006, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I Live For Goy

And MILLION$$$$$$$ Plays

Signed
                      10Dime(Dingelberry)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck E. Cheese
                        And MILLION$$$$$$$ Plays

Signed
                        10Dime(Dingelberry)

LMAO!!!

Comment