Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta Luv Cuban

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
    i agree he has helped change the game for the better it generally is not in the public eye....However, when he goes off the hook it is right there to be seen by all.....He gets off on the celebrity this team provides him.....To me the team should be the focal point...not him.....I think it is actually embarrassing when he ran onto the court....Fuck sakes...sit down.....

I could be WAY off base but I think with his background, and his understanding of business, he sticks with the adage of any publicity being good publicity. Surely some people might just want Dirk to be talked about, or Avery, or whomever. But when you say Cuban, you say Mavs, which is exactly what he wants.

Gotta Luv Cuban

DALLAS -- The NBA fined Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki $5,000 on Monday for kicking the ball into the stands following Game 5 of the finals.

The league called the penalty its standard fine for such an action. Detroit's Richard Hamilton and Sacramento's Bonzi Wells had to pay $5,000 after throwing balls off the court during games this season.

Also Monday, the NBA was reviewing the actions of Mavericks owner Mark Cuban after Dallas' 101-100 overtime loss to the Miami Heat on Sunday night.

Upset over several calls that went against the Mavericks in the closing seconds, Cuban ran onto the court to vent at official Joe DeRosa, then stared down and screamed toward commissioner David Stern and a group of league officials, from the court, then the stands.

A league spokesman said Monday that NBA disciplinarian Stu Jackson wasn't at the game and hadn't reviewed what happened.

Even if any action is taken against Cuban, it may not be announced. Stern prefers to keep penalties against owners private.
    richer over the line
    spinnerz

Comment

and he wonders why stern hates him

Comment

funny stuff, i like how he has no fear
        richer over the line
        spinnerz

Comment

i do not like the fact that he thinks he is part of the game...>Show some class and dignity instead of acting like a frat boy!!!! i can not think of the rooney's, the mara's or even steinbrenner behaving like that.....I appreciate him injecting new blood into the sport, but i think he should respect the game and the process....

Comment

Originally posted by hacker197
            funny stuff, i like how he has no fear

Whats funny is that he crosses the line of right and wrong with actions like these. His players undoubtably see this, and probably have more of tendency to do something stupid like kicking a ball in the stands since they kno0w there ownder and boss makes immature decisions as well. The refs do not win and lose games. In the end its up to the players and who scores more. As a Spurs fan, I did not blame the refs when the Mavs best them. I blame the Spurs. Whats funny is that Cuban is costing his team a championship by acting this way!
            5* 0-0
            4* 0-0
            3* 1-0
            2* 1-0
            1* 0-1

God Bless America

To win :1* unit = $100

Comment

Why is it never reported about the changes his bitches and whining has caused? The instant replay for shots at end of games and the "neutral" clock attendant for playoff games are two I can think of immediately. I believe the NBA also does some sort of ref review that was a Cuban suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by winner
                Why is it never reported about the changes his bitches and whining has caused? The instant replay for shots at end of games and the "neutral" clock attendant for playoff games are two I can think of immediately. I believe the NBA also does some sort of ref review that was a Cuban suggestion.
                I AGREE! I think without him the league is a bunch of "Puppets". He has brought on and suggested some LONG OVERDUE changes!

Comment

Originally posted by winner

i agree he has helped change the game for the better it generally is not in the public eye....However, when he goes off the hook it is right there to be seen by all.....He gets off on the celebrity this team provides him.....To me the team should be the focal point...not him.....I think it is actually embarrassing when he ran onto the court....Fuck sakes...sit down.....

Comment

hey not his fault refs called bogus fall end of the game.
                    richer over the line
                    spinnerz

Comment

I have one question..........

"Where was the Foul on Wade in the closing seconds"........

another anticipated call by refs..........

I have watched the replay a dozen or so times, and still can't see it.......great job by wade of twisting his body into Dallas players, acting it out.........and the winner for best actor goes to----the envelope please............kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain
                        I have one question..........

"Where was the Foul on Wade in the closing seconds"........

another anticipated call by refs..........

I have watched the replay a dozen or so times, and still can't see it.......great job by wade of twisting his body into Dallas players, acting it out.........and the winner for best actor goes to----the envelope please............kapt

LOL ... Kaptain i tried getting Miami fans to understand this with 30 posts in this thread.

You are 100% correct!!

http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...t=98688&page=8

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                          LOL ... Kaptain i tried getting Miami fans to understand this with 30 posts in this thread.

You are 100% correct!!

http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...t=98688&page=8
                          You guys are talking to Fans.....You can't get through their ***** skulls!!!
                          The bottom line is to bet the house tonight on the ML on Dallas because the refs will call everything Dallas's way...And then flip a coin for game 7...
                          Case Closed

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck E. Cheese
                            You guys are talking to Fans.....You can't get through their ***** skulls!!!
                            The bottom line is to bet the house tonight on the ML on Dallas because the refs will call everything Dallas's way...And then flip a coin for game 7...
                            Case Closed
                            I agree but i refuse to lay -300 on the ML (Just in case). I feel good laying the -6

Comment

Working...
                            X