World Cup "Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup "Thoughts

I feel skittish posting plays in sports that I really feel I have a firm handle on. That being said, I know very little about soccer or futbol or whatever this wacky World Cup bonanza sport wants to be known as.

With that in mind here are some "thoughts" on Sunday's World Cup card.

Game #1 - Serbia and Monte and Negro vs Holland and The Netherlands and The Dutch

Apparently a 6 country tag team soccer matchup. It should be interesting to see 66 players running around on the field at one time. I am only assuming they will only use 1 ball and 2 goals for this match, but if they do use 3 balls and 6 goals it falls right into our play.
    The Rice Truck is NEVER Wrong!!!

World Cup "Thoughts" for Sunday

I feel skittish posting plays in sports that I really feel I have a firm handle on. That being said, I know very little about soccer or futbol or whatever this wacky World Cup bonanza sport wants to be known as.

With that in mind here are some "thoughts" on Sunday's World Cup card.

Game #1 - Serbia and Monte and Negro vs Holland and The Netherlands and The Dutch

Apparently a 6 country tag team soccer matchup. It should be interesting to see 66 players running around on the field at one time. I am only assuming they will only use 1 ball and 2 goals for this match, but if they do use 3 balls and 6 goals it falls right into our play.

One of the color commentary announcer pratically guaranteed a 0-0 tie during one of the game broadcasts on Saturday. That's good enough for me.

OVER 2 Goals -135 (thegreek.com)

Game #2 - Mexico vs Iran

In the movie "The Alamo" the most prominent Mexican soldier fighting for the Texian Army, Pancho Villa I believe, says "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." He says this to justify turning his back on his own country.

Who is the most famous athlete from Iran? The Iron Sheik of course. While much more patriotic than Pancho Villa, you couldn't find a bigger double crossing low life. Would he turn his back on his country? Well, lets just say that if the Million Dollar Man showed up, I think he'd belt out a few verses of God Bless America.

DRAW +250 (thegreek.com)

Game #3 - Angola vs Portugal

This game is my favorite. The line is Angola +1.5 -120 and the total is 2.5 un -120. This means that if you take Angola +1.5 and over 2.5 goals, mathematically the only way you can double lose is if the final score is Portugal 2-0.

PORTUGAL WINS 2-0 +480 (thegreek.com)
    Last edited by bigjimt; 06-11-2006, 01:13 AM. Reason: I posted the original by mistake before it was complete

Comment

he he you are the best
      "I used to be a heavy gambler. But now I just make mental bets. That's how I lost my mind." - Steve Allen

Comment

Thank you sir.

I predict both Iran and Mexico score own goals in Game #2. Those two timing F*ers!!!

Comment

Missed a few good opps in Game #1 to secure at least a push.

So far so good in Game #2.

Comment

Working...
          X