Wagner Imploding....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tinman666
    Wagner Is Down Strawberrys Looking For A New Cd. A True Choke He Belongs With The Mets

No Shit, were is John_ny Franco...Bring HIM BACK
    Good Luck to everyone
    Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
    Clark: What's steroids?
    Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
    Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Or LUGO???? I pull him after the 2nd walk but Willie knows best.

Comment

I love it that my boys won the game but the biggest question i have is this.. When your up 4-0 with no save situation why do you bring in your closer in this situation?? What if he would have gotten hit with a ball off the bat or threw out a arm or pulled a hammy?? Make no sense at all but fuck it i will take it.. Thanks Billy Boy!!

Comment

I have no issue with Willie's move to bring him in to start the 9th. Would I have done it, probably not, but I don't think it is a wrong move. I believe in many ways, he is trying to build Wagner's confidence a bit. he would never admit to losing it but it would be human nature, following his start, to question himself a bit. Now he must be really questioning it! And I am sure if you look back, Torre has used Mariano in the same situation, just has every Manager at somepoint has probably done the same.
          Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Nice job MUTS.

Comment

This was too easy to find...May 10, Yankees beat the Red Sox 7-3. Torre used Mariano for the ninth inning, up 4 and not a save situation, just like today...why did no one question that? It is so easy to Monday Morning QB when moves don't work....

Comment

Originally posted by tinman666
                Wagner Is Down Strawberrys Looking For A New Cd. A True Choke He Belongs With The Mets
                True...or the 2004 Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
                  This was too easy to find...May 10, Yankees beat the Red Sox 7-3. Torre used Mariano for the ninth inning, up 4 and not a save situation, just like today...why did no one question that? It is so easy to Monday Morning QB when moves don't work....

I agree with you 3 jack.... if the mets won it would have never been questioned... Willy is a great coach hands down... He's not out there pitching and losing the game for the mets.....

Comment

The guy knows what he is doing, more than us schmos that sit at home and second guess every move. The guy makes $9 million a year, get three outs! I am suicidal tonight....very much on the ledge....

Comment

Say what you like but Torre or any decent manager yanks Wagner after he walks Stinnett. IMO. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by chaching22
                        Say what you like but Torre or any decent manager yanks Wagner after he walks Stinnett. IMO. End of story.
                        While I understand the argument for taking him out, I also don't disagree with leaving him in. As for Torre, I think he is one of the better Manager's in baseball...but I don't agree with your comment. I imagine you had no issue with leaving Johnson in last night, when he obviously had nothing, for 5 full innings and 6 ER's? Everyone can find fault with every single Manager if you look hard enough.

Comment

If I was Pedro I would fucking call him out after the game to the media thats what 3 games now hes lost for Pedro
                          THINK BLUE

Comment

JOhnson didnt have a 4 run lead in the ninth and walk and hit at least 3 batters.

Comment

I have no issue with Willie's move to bring him in to start the 9th. Would I have done it, probably not, but I don't think it is a wrong move. I believe in many ways, he is trying to build Wagner's confidence a bit. he would never admit to losing it but it would be human nature, following his start, to question himself a bit. Now he must be really questioning it! And I am sure if you look back, Torre has used Mariano in the same situation, just has every Manager at somepoint has probably done the same.
                              JOE ONLY DOSE IT WHEN MO NEEDS WORK AND WAGNER JUST PITCHED YESTERDAY

Comment

BECAUSE HE DID NOT PITCH THE DAY BEFORE

Comment

Working...
                                X