Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry's picks and system explanation 5/17==>

Sorry for the length...
    I always feel weird just throwing up my plays without explanation, as I always feel like we are all here to help each other win, and the more information provided the better. Anyway, in baseball I use a system I created three years ago to help isolate plays be creating anticipated run differentials that I then research and decide to play or not. At some point, I will put up a web interface to the database so people can use it if they want (for free of course…) But for now, I will just post the raw data run differentials with my plays if people have any interest.

The primary stats I use are Starters ERA (Season), Starters ERA (Last 3 starts), Anticipated innings pitched by starter (based on qualified pitcher rankings and IP), Bullpen ERA (Season), Bullpen ERA (Last 15 games), Anticipated innings pitched by bullpen (9-starters innings), % wins after a win, % wins after a loss, Strength at home, Strength on road.

These stats are all plugged into an algorithm that I am constantly adjusting but is basically: (starters anticipated runs per inning * anticipated # of innings pitched by starter) + (bullpens anticipated runs per inning * anticipated # of innings pitched by bullpen) factored by a % chance of winning created with an algorithm using % wins after a win, % wins after a loss, strength at home, strength on road, recent streak values.

I do not play plays only based on the system. Rather, I take the raw run differentials (which I will begin posting) and begin ruling out games based on factors not included in the system, primarily available lines and then baseball factors like a particular starter has a horrible history against a particular team, or the wind is gusting out to center with a fly-ball pitcher, etc. And usually I am left with 1-4 plays which I post. Anyway, sorry to bore you with all of this, but I figured I would begin posting the raw data with my plays instead of just throwing them out with no explanation…

So, my plays for today are:

MLB 46-36-7

Reds -1 -130 (260 to win 200)
    Dodgers -109 (109 to win 100)

Good luck everyone!

Run Differential Predictions (Again, just a tool, I do not plays these automatically)
    (performance of posted tracked here with 1 unit plays on ML,1RL,1.5RL using Pinnacle)
    Win by 4+
    Reds -155,-1 -130, -1.5 -101
    Win by 3+
    No Teams
    Win by 2+
    Dodgers -109, -1 +115, -1.5 +143
    Astros -135, -1 +106, -1.5 +156
    Win by 1+
    Braves -260, -1 -201, -1.5 -120
    Red Sox -121, -1 +103, -1.5 +133
    Indians -201, -1 -151, -1.5 -102
    White Sox -144, -1 -119, -1.5 +109
    Tigers +127, +1 -109, +1.5 -141

All other games even…
    2010 One play a day record
    22-19-1 51%
    +0.74 units
    Passes: 7 days
    Streak: L2

Thanx Larry --- and keep up the good work! My system has the Braves higher on run total. Bull pens are the main reasoning. Love the reds.
    Last edited by Spearit; 05-17-2006, 02:35 PM.
    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Wow thats way more sophisticated than me throwing a dart.

Good luck Larry and thanks for sharing
      Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

Good Luck Larry
        "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
        is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
          Wow thats way more sophisticated than me throwing a dart.

Good luck Larry and thanks for sharing

Good luck Larry!

Comment

gl to ya Larry O----kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Larry. Interesting.
              Remember, one just man causes the Devil greater affliction than a million blind believers

Comment

Goodluck today Larry!!!!!!!!!!!
                "Sometimes it's not what you play, but what you don't play."

Comment

good luck tonight
                  THINK BLUE

Comment

great write up Larry,best of luck

Comment

Working...
                    X