Uncertain Science & A Great Cutman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncertain Science & A Great Cutman

Wagering in itself is extremely uncertain , and that uncertainty can work in your favor more than one would think. Usually at the end of all your research assessment the clarion call of " More research is needed " and we want answers to every question.

Uncertainty , far from being a flaw , is a essential characterist of wagering and we all know Dogmatism is the enemy in progress .
    With the help of numerous examples ( stats-hunches-trends-tips) they often illuminate the way we pick a zig-zag course from ignorance to knowledge . Wagering models of reality may be idealized , even simplistic , but thier failings often light the way ahead .

I will accept my task to make the best case possible from the best available evidence , but often not to sift out the truth , to a gambler thats intellectually dishonest . As Carl Sagan used to point out , you cant assume ignorance is going to work in your favor .

Uncertainty , like a great cut man can work in your favor , if you are willing to accept it for what its worth , and when to spot play it to your favor .

Good , Better , Best - brought to you from the famous leaper colony making guesses , judging likelyhoods and evaluating probabilities from the island of rags and sick people !

More to follow - - - - soon !

G.L. & G.B.

***MMM***

" The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Last edited by PittsburghBoy; 06-22-2003, 12:40 PM.

Comment

STOP, PLEASE.

Comment

I deleted what i originally posted

Comment

Thank you PittsburghBoy, I appreciate it and PM'd you with another avenue for your thoughts and hope you understand that i'm just trying to keep it clean for the people that want it that way. Good Luck with your wagers and take me up on my suggestion and see what happens.

Thanks Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
            STOP, PLEASE.
            Thanks !

Comment

Now all we need is for the ceasing of the silly bashing of *** to bring this thread back to respectability.
              Last edited by savage1; 06-23-2003, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Total Agreement

Originally posted by savage1
                Now all we need is for the ceasing of the silly bashing of *** to bring this thread back to respectabiloty.
                I often think that chat forums can sometimes get into a frenzy at moments , Two people can disagree about one thing and next thing you know there are a dozen involved in something that is totally none of thier business , but I guess thats the need to jump on a winning bandwagon mentality ?

I for one could not agree more with your feelings at this moment and look at it as a necessary evil to reaching ones enlightenment.

Let us hope that these are fleeting and we can return to normality is due-time !

G.L. & G.B.

***MMM***

Comment

sorry bc
                  Last edited by PittsburghBoy; 06-23-2003, 01:22 PM.

Comment

PittsburghBoy,

Let's cut out the insults.

Comment

Working...
                    X