Runline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runline

Hi... Although I just joined this board, I have been reading the discussions and thoroughly enjoyed them... as well as the fine capping done by many here. Any way.... yesterday, among my other investments, I took Oakland and Yankees on the - 1 1/2 runline (I don't like to lay that much wood on any one). Obviously, I chose the winner, but they didn't win by enough. Thus, I have a couple of choices: I could lay off those games or find somewhere which offers a 1 run runline or a 1 1/2 run runline and the option to buy a 1/2 run. Does anyone know of an online website which offers that? Thanks... and GLTA!!!!:D

I either take the dog or lay off....perfect example of getting burned by the run line last night....as for the -1 run line or buying a half,i don't think that exists....GL
    "You like the odds of lightning?"

Comment

I think Wayne would take 2 huge favorites and put them in a parlay

I dont mind laying heavy chalk once in a while

last night i had the Yanks and it could of blown up in my face, but like Trotter said sometimes it is a good idea to take the dog and the plus $$$

Comment

Hindsight,

Welcome to the forum

Comment

i lay heavy chalk sometimes too,but -270 is just crazy...Wayne has the best idea like BB_Nut said, take 2 and make a parlay, get that line down....
          "You like the odds of lightning?"

Comment

RL's are killers

You really have to pick and choose with those runlines. I don't think you'll fing minus one, just -1.5. Over the last few years, I think the percenatge of favs winning by more than 1 is like 30%!!!! You won't make much that way, you just gotaa take a team that can score and hasn't covered a few in a row against the RL. That is tough to do, since going against a streak is a no-no, in most real bettors' opinions. The best thing to do is find two sure things (yeah right), and ML parlay them together. This is a strategy that Wayne employs, as do I. Over the years, it's proven to be the best way to go if betting BIG favorites.

Good luck.
            Please don't question my record or I will leave!!!!

Comment

For what its worth I think generally speaking you are better off betting favored visiting teams with runlines as they always get 9 at bats as opposed to favored home teams;also lean to American League run lines because of DH.
              Last edited by savage1; 06-19-2003, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Bnut-Do you have updated over/under records for each team?
                I saved them last time you posted them but they are outdated.
                Thanks

Comment

hindsight, as you might know already i refuse to lay numbers like -200 and if you find 2 you really like then hook them up. You get paid like it's a dog and if 1 of them tanks it then it's really not that big of a loss losing no juice. I believe if you hook up the big favorites in baseball you can make a killing but if you play them straight you will get killed and it's been working for me for a long time, hell i've even hooked up 2 big favorites and seen them both lose and while it cost me 1 bet with no juice i would look around and see others get beat twice with those games losing -250 to -300 on each and that will set you back BIGTIME. GOOD LUCK

Run lines are something i do very rarely cause you must really, really pick your spots with those.:D

Comment

very good point Savage

Comment

I also had NY and Oak. hooked just straight out, no RL....It paid decent for that large of a #......Giving the 1.5 is tough with a struggling offense......No need to get greedy, play em straight ML.......GL

Comment

Just to hop in on the runline discussion...

A good tool to use when deciding on whether to lay the 1 1/2 is to check the total.

When dealing with a game with a total in the 6-7 1/2 range, laying 1 1/2 runs is much more perillous then in a game with a total in the 10+ range. I believe the reverse is true as well. There's more value in taking the 1 1/2 runs in a low total game as opposed to one where alot of scoring is expected.
                        The Rice Truck is NEVER Wrong!!!

Comment

Thanks for all of the advice!!!!! I did know most of it, but sometimes I need to hear it again so that I can really learn it I was just a bit frustrated when both didn't cover the 1.5 runs They were actually small plays and really didn't affect the bottomline. It got me thinking about the possibility that somewhere you could buy the 1/2 run ... like buying the hook in a spreadpoint game, but apparently that doesn't exist. Thanks again!!!!!!! Let's get them today!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X