Papel-bomb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Three Jack
    C'mon Savage...be a real fan and annoint them the team to beat! Stop being so level headed!!!
    Alas (Cracker)Three Jack-perhaps if I hadn't been conditioned to expect failure for this team (having been a diehard fan since 1952 at age 8 and seeing my heart broken so many times, 2004 not withstanding), I might be a little more braggadocio or as you term it less "levelheaded."
    On the other hand, they are 10-1 to win the WS as opposed to 5-1 for your Mets, who are also off to a great start.
    Maybe I should wager on both of them to win it all and hope for a repeat of 1986(except the ending of course).

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
      Alas (Cracker)Three Jack-perhaps if I hadn't been conditioned to expect failure for this team (having been a diehard fan since 1952 at age 8 and seeing my heart broken so many times, 2004 not withstanding), I might be a little more braggadocio or as you term it less "levelheaded."
      On the other hand, they are 10-1 to win the WS as opposed to 5-1 for your Mets, who are also off to a great start.
      Maybe I should wager on both of them to win it all and hope for a repeat of 1986(except the ending of course).
      I would LOVE that!
      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
        I would LOVE that!
        Easy fellas, its early April!!! The AL East still goes through the Bronx!!!
        "MONEY WON IS TWICE AS SWEET AS MONEY EARNED!"

Comment

You Know That Kid Mariano Rivera Is The Best Fucken Live Or Dead Closer Of All Time.. So Take Papelbon And Shove His Righthand Up Your Asses..

Comment

If Randy Johnson Can Stay Alive Until October, You Redsox Pussyboys Are Headed For The Same Sad Story,

Yeh You Won One, But You Won A Battle, The Yanks Run The Major Leagues

Money Power Respect -steinbrenners Motto

Comment

Wait Till That Bitch Beckect Gets Hurt, Just A Matttttttah Of Time!

Comment

Originally posted by STREET FAM
                It could happen, but he will just be joining Pavano and Jaret Wright (nice signings).

So when exactly does Brian Cashman get called out for spending money like a lunatic and not bringing home a winner? Any Yankee fans knows that the last Yankee Championship teams are a result of Stick Michaels and not Brian Cashman. Every year Cashman spends millions rebuilding the middle relief. He has depleted the farm system and spent more money on players that don't produce. Anyone can go outbid everyone for the Sheffields & Damon's of the world. But the amount of money he has spent on 2nd level players (not superstars), injured players (karsay, Pavano, Wright, just to name a few), not to mention undrafted Latin players is unreal...
                Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

i would rather have a blister than a bad back or blown out shoulder!!! skin heals...those other injuries are season enders if they get bad enough....

Comment

If Randy Johnson Can Stay Alive Until October, You Redsox Pussyboys Are Headed For The Same Sad Story,

If you use the entire history of basebeall, sure the Yanks have been kings.
                    However, if you use the last 3 or 4 years, then the Yanks are FAR from the team to beat.
                    They have been defeated by the Red Sox in the infamous 2000season(for you anyways) and been defeated in the WS twice by teams with a fraction of their payroll as well as by the Angels in the playoffs.
                    Pitching has always been the name of the game, and in spite of their great offense and bullpen, they must prove that their STARTING pitching is also up to par to go all the way. For me they are a contender and thats it, the same as for many teams.
                    Remember- WS championships are won on the field and not in theoretical discussions or about how big your payroll is.
                    Last edited by savage1; 04-12-2006, 10:02 AM.

Comment

the yankees business model is yesterdays news...they buy the best parts but when put together do not function...you my friend are living in the past....You talk as if you won a world series recently.....I would love to see a stat for $$$ per victory and the efficiency of it...I am sure the yankees are lagging there......Why would you call us sox pussy-boys??? can't you discuss the topics without showing your immaturity??

anyways, i respect the yanks...how could you not?? but it is a long season...

Comment

The Braves are 4 and 4....WOOHOO....go NL!!!!

I don't have anything useful to contribute
                        Peter Griffin: Holy crip, he's a crapple.

Comment

Working...
                        X