Wednesday baseball.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday baseball.......

Inter-league play continues to kick my butt. Hopefully this rough spot in the road will end today. These are my plays for Wednesday........

5 STAR: CLEVELAND (SABATHIA)(-$155) OVER San Diego (Eaton)

The Indians are playing very well at home right now having won nine of their last 11 home contests to improve to 15-14 at Jacobs Field. San Diego began a ten game road trip with its ninth loss in 14 games yesterday here a Jacobs field and tonight they face the ace of the Indians staff, C.C. Sabathia. Sabathia has pitched very well at home this season where he is 3-1 with a 2.77 ERA. San Diego righthander Adam Eaton will make his 18th start since returning from "Tommy John" surgery on his pitching elbow. He is only 3-5 with a 4.88 ERA since returning. The Padres are 1-7 in road games after allowing 8 runs or more this season, 2-12 on the road when the total is 8.5 to 10 this season and 1-14 as a road underdog of +100 to +150 this season. San Diego is also only 4-15 against left-handed starters this season. Look for the Tribe to take this one.

2 STAR: DETROIT (BERNERO)(+$230) OVER Los Angeles (Brown)

The Tigers took the Dodgers to extra innings yesterday before finally losing 3-1, and I have to take a shot with them here again today at this price. The ace of the Dodger staff, Kevin Brown is on the mound today, but Brown is only 1-6 when playing against a terrible team with a wining percentage of 38% or worse over the last 3 seasons, 2-6 in road games versus teams outscored by their opponents by 1 or more runs per game on the season since 1997 and 5-14 in road games versus teams averaging 2.75 or less extra base hits per game since 1997. I'll give Detroit another shot here.

2 STAR: Philadelphia (Myers)(+$125) OVER ANAHEIM (APPIER)

This is the Angels first look at the Phillies young starting pitcher Brett Myers who is 5-5 on the season with an ERA of 3.20 and a WHIP of only 1.15. The Angels are only 3-12 versus a National League starting pitcher whose WHIP is 1.250 or better over the last 3 seasons. The Phillies are 9-2 after scoring and allowing 3 runs or less last 2 games over the last 3 seasons and they are 37-20 when revenging a one run loss to opponent over the last 3 seasons. Angels starting pitcher Kevin Appier is only 2-10 in June games over the last 3 seasons. Look for Philadelphia to get it done here.

2 STAR: Atlanta (Ramirez)(+$105) OVER OAKLAND (LILLY)

I really like this match up for the Braves. Oakland starting pitcher Ted Lilly is 1-6 in an inter-league games over the last 3 seasons, 3-8 in June games over the last 3 seasons and 3-7 at home when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 3 seasons. Lilly is also 0-1 in his career with a 4.26 ERA in a pair of starts against the Braves. Both of those appearances were in 1999 when he pitched for the Montreal Expos. Braves lefthander Horacio Ramirez has pitched very well, he seeks his career-high fourth consecutive victory. He has not lost since April 11 at Florida, a span of six starts, and has allowed 15 earned runs and 38 hits in 42 innings during the streak. Also, Ted Lilly is 3-8 in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons and the Braves are 11-2 against left handed starters this season. Braves get it done here.

MLB RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 42-23 (+18.80 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 58-56 (+13.35 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 37-46 (-7.78 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 23-22 (+1.77 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 160-147 (+26.14 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be up $2614.00

Good luck,
    John
    EZWINNERS.com
    Last edited by ez winners; 06-11-2003, 03:19 PM.
    Good luck,
    John
Working...
X