Tuesday baseball..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday baseball..........

Cashed in a 1 STAR play with the Phillies last night, this is my card for Tuesday's action.........

2 STAR: St. Louis (Williams)(+$110) OVER BOSTON (KIM)

Woody Williams has been hot, and I will go with him in this inter-league match up. Woody Williams is 17-5 after giving up 1 or less earned runs in his last outing over the last 3 seasons and he is 32-12 when pitching in night games over the last three seasons. Any team with a hot starting pitcher with an ERA less than 2.50 over his last 5 starts and an offense with an on base percentage of .415 or better over their last 10 games are 134-51 over the last 5 seasons. Kim is only 1-5 in night games in his career and the Red Sox are only 1-9 in home games after a win by 8 runs or more over the last 3 seasons. Look for the Red Birds to get the win here.

2 STAR: DETROIT (KNOTTS)(+$170) OVER Los Angeles (Nomo)

I'm going to take a shot with the heavy underdog Tigers. The Tigers, as bad as they are, are a very pesky team. The pitching of the Dodgers has carried them this season, while the offense has been almost non existent. Tigers starting pitcher Gary Knotts has won 2 out of his last 3 starts and has a home ERA of only 3.12, I look for him to do a good job against the light hitting Dodgers. Hideo Nomo has not had a lot of success against the Tigers in the past, in four career starts against Detroit, Nomo is 1-2 with an ERA of 6.65. The Dodgers are also only 1-6 after a loss by 4 runs or more this season. Look for the Tigers to roar here!

2 STAR: Houston (Miller)(+$145) OVER NEW YORK (MUSSINA)

The Yankees are not playing well at all right now, while the Astros have been red hot. Wade Miller is 17-6 versus teams outscoring their opponents by 0.5 or more runs per game on the season since 1997. The Yankees are only 6-11 in home games versus teams outscoring their opponents by 0.5 or more runs per game this season and they are 9-13 in home games against right-handed starters this season. The Yankees are also only 5-10 in home games after a loss this season. I look for the Astros to run their record here to 7-0 in inter-league play this season.

2 STAR: BALTIMORE (HENTGEN)(+$100) OVER Chicago (Estes)

Coming off of a huge series win against the Yankees this weekend, this is a big let down spot for the Cubs. Cubs starting pitcher Shawn Estes is only 3-12 in road games when playing against a marginal losing team with a wining percentage of 46% to 49% since 1997 and Estes is also only 2-10 on the road with a money line of -100 to -125 over the last 3 seasons. The Cubs are 2-8 after a one run win this season while the Orioles are 5-1 after scoring 10 runs or more this season. Look for the O's to take this one!

2 STAR: Philadelphia (Duckworth)(+$130) OVER ANAHEIM (LACKEY)

The Phillies are 6-1 versus an American League starting pitcher whose WHIP is 1.500 to 1.600 over the last 3 seasons and they
    are 11-3 in road games versus a starting pitcher who gives up 7 or more hits per start over the last 3 seasons. Lackey has given up 9 runs in his past 11 innings pitched and I look for the Phillies to get to him here again.

MLB RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 42-22 (+27.55 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 58-56 (+13.35 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 36-42 (-1.98 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 23-22 (+1.77 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 159-142 (+40.69 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be up $4069.00

Good luck,
    John
    EZWINNERS.com
    Last edited by ez winners; 06-10-2003, 11:36 AM.
    Good luck,
    John

Adding my 5 STAR play..........

5 STAR: MINNESOTA (RADKE)(-$175) OVER Colorado (Jennings)

Colorado enters this game with baseball's worst road record at 7-22. The Rockies have lost seven of their last eight road games and they are 2-14 in road games when playing against a team with a winning record this season. The Rockies starting pitcher Jason Jennings has been terrible on the road this season, he is 1-5 with a 5.48 ERA in his eight road starts. Minnesota is 6-1 versus a starting pitcher with poor control that is giving up more than 2.75 walks per start this season. Twins starting pitchers Brad Radke is 6-0 in home games versus National League teams scoring 4.8 or more runs per game on the season since 1997, and the Twins are 8-1 in home games after a game after the bullpen was rocked for 6 or more runs over the last 3 seasons. Twins get it done here.

Good luck,
    John
    Good luck,
    John

Comment

I think that is a good pick John

One other reason I like them is they rested many of their starters in the last game on Sunday vs the Padres and yesterday a day off as well. They should come out swinging and light up the homer dome tonight. Radke will give up 2 or 3 runs as well which one reason I liked the over in this game almost as big. Put em with Seattle at home tonight and I think it could be a very nice night for payouts! JMHO! GoldV
      I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

Working...
      X