Saturday Baseball..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Baseball..........

Another solid night on Friday, 2-2 (+4 units). These are my plays for Saturday.........

5 STAR: New York (Clemens)(-$110) OVER CHICAGO (WOOD)

The Yankees got the win yesterday in the opening game of this series, and I look for them to take game 2 as well. Kerry Wood has not pitched well at all lately and he has struggled in inter-league play posting a 2-9 record. I look for the Rocket to get #300 here. This is a great spot for it to happen, in his previous starts the Yankees have been heavy favorites with everyone expecting them to win, but today they are up against the Cubs ace in a pickem game, so the pressure is not as great here. We are getting great value with the Yankees today and they have responded very well in these spots this season where they are 9-2 on the road with a money line of -100 to -150 this season. The Yankees are also 7-0 in road games this season when Clemens is the starter and Clemens is 7-1 in road games versus teams outscoring their opponents by 0.5 or more runs per game on the season over the last 3 seasons. Look for the Yankees to get the win here!

3 STAR: Chicago (Colon)(-$125) OVER LOS ANGELES (ASHBY)

I really like the match up here for the White Sox. Andy Ashby got hammered in his only other start this season allowing 7 runs in 4 innings and Ashby is 4-11 in home games versus teams whose hitters strike out 6 or less times per game since 1997. Bartolo Colon has excelled in inter-league play with a 6-0 record. Colon is also 6-0 on the road when the total is 7.5 or less over the last 3 seasons. Colon has had one career start against the Dodgers last season, he got the loss but pitched very well allowing only 2 earned runs in seven innings pitched. I look for a strong game from Colon against the light hiting Dodgers.

MLB RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 42-21 (+32.55 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 57-56 (+10.35 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 36-39 (-0.68 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 22-22 (+0.47 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 157-138 (+47.69 UNITS)

Good luck,
    John
    EZWINNERS.com
    Good luck,
    John

John

Nice pick on the Yanks.....It is one I am looking at big time because all seems set up for the big 300 win in THE nationally televised game. I also checked the weather and it should be an ideal day come game time. Plus Wood has been hit some lately and the Yanks are slowly starting to find their bats while the Cubs just have not much offense at all. Won't touch the total but love the BOMBERS! I will defer till game time but an outstanding early pick! Best of Luck John!!! GoldV
    I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

Thanks GoldV, keep up the good work, you are on a nice run!

John
      Good luck,
      John

Comment

a gem worth looking at tomorrow

will be the Tigers at almost a +300....Maroth is coming off a couple weeks of rest and is a stud....Tigers have their hitting moments (as in tonights game) but with a solid starer (this kid was their ace last year) this one is a sleeper......I will be betting against SF on this game of the series only! FWIW...IMHO...GoldV
        I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

Working...
        X