thursday's investments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thursday's investments...

Posted YTD MLB: 34-31-1 (+13.15 units); yesterday (+2.85 units)
    Posted NBA Playoffs: 1-4 (-11.50 units); yesterday (+4.00 units), [pending: nets series+311]
    Posted NHL Playoffs: 6-2 (+135.95 units)
    Posted YTD Arena Football: 2-5 (-17.30 units)
    Posted YTD Aussie Rules Football (AFL): 0-0 (+0.00 units)
    Posted YTD Soccer: 0-0 (+0.00 units)
    Posted YTD NASCAR: 0-0 (+0.00 units)
    (Unless listed otherwise, favourites wagered to win 5 units ($500); dogs risk 5)
    (All MLB wagers are played with listed pitchers, otherwise scratch)

yesterday, i scratched my overnight maddux wager and played against them at post time because of a last minute line move i noticed and because of their lineup...in hindsight, i should have stayed pat...i guess it doesn't pay to over-cap...anyway, onto today...

MLB
    texas/atlanta over 10.5-112
    tampa bay+181 (for action)
    colorado-137
    detroit/san diego over 7.5-116
    seattle-121
    anaheim/montreal over 9.5-107
    boston/pittsburgh over 9.5-102
    florida-104
    cincinnati+142
    baltimore/houston over 8-118
    toronto/st. louis over 8.5-121
    milwaukee (listing traschel)+128

NHL
    new jersey-179, 10 units
    new jersey-1.5+219
    new jersey total goals over 2-120
    anaheim/new jersey under 4-142

...will be in meetings for most of the morning and afternoon and will be going to the devils game this evening so here are my winners early...i'll try to log on before leaving office to check on game situations and post anything else i like...otherwise, this is it...good luck to all...bob
    "Somebody hits me, I'm going to hit him back. Even if it does look like he hasn't eaten in a while" Charles Barkley.

adding:

MLB
    new york (glavine)-135
    seattle/philadelphia over 8.5-119
    anaheim+102
    pittsburgh+122
    oakland/florida over 8-104
    new york/cincinnati over 10.5-110
    baltimore+1.5-105
    toronto+164
    arizona-114
    chicago/arizona over 10-109
    minnesota+102
    minnesota/san francisco under 7.5-110

glta...bob
    "Somebody hits me, I'm going to hit him back. Even if it does look like he hasn't eaten in a while" Charles Barkley.

Comment

adding:

MLB
      kansas city+1.5-110

...that is all...glta...bob

Comment

Maybe its not my place to say it but over time no one and I mean no one can win by betting the board if you do it every night.
        I don't want to give you the impression that I am a know-it-all, but check with anyone especially with someone who has been successful, and the best bet on the board is that they will tell you if you play every night the number of games you played tonight, you are asking for trouble.
        Big D-if you read this post, tell me if you agree with me, or whether you believe there are a number of folks who can bet a large number of games daily and win consistently.
        Last edited by savage1; 06-06-2003, 12:48 AM.

Comment

thanks, savage, for the comment...i love capping games of all sports and playing what i see...when one plays such an amount every night, you can win big but odds are that you'll lose big more often than not...i study and play a handful overnight and during the day i'll see other situations that i like and i make a move on those as well...my goal is to play and hammer one to five plays a night, but right now i'm playing a bit immature (but not over my head) and i've wanted to limit my plays because it's getting nerve-racking and relationship-damaging putting so much money on the line for an embarassing yield each night...for example, the past two days in baseball, i pocketed 2.85 units each...now that's a bad return for money invested in any business...so, hopefully, i CAN be more disciplined and limit the board more and more each night and stay away from impulse or push wagering...i've already capped friday, and will start with tonight and limit my plays to what i have...good luck to you, savage...glta...bob

Comment

Sleepless-I'll be honest, I don't always practice what I preach.
            Sometimes I will play a few games bigger, that is the ones I like the best, and then because I love watch following games and minute to minute action, I will bet some more games just for the action on a much smaller basis.
            While above is fun, as you say, over a long period of time at best this type of compulsive wagering will be mediocre at best and worse, not just financially unproductive but on the nerves also.
            Good luck and I am glad you took my criticism positively.
            On some of the other boards there are some degenerates who would have called me names and fired some invectives my way if I said the same thing to them as I did to you.

Comment

yes, savage...although, we may stay the course for awhile, we tend to stray at times...thanks for the reminder...my subject title here has always been "...investments"...so i'll try to remember them as such...but my problem has been recognizing and separating my strong from not so strong plays...i have a habit of hedging my weak plays...i guess i should just not play the weak ones, eh...like they say here...'it's a marathon, not a sprint'...i do like this forum...i post my plays not only to memorialize what i play but to help others with my capping and to hopefully get feedback on my plays but, more importantly, advice on money management...thanks again, savage, for the knock on the head...bob

Comment

Working...
              X