• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricker#1 Tuesday's Pick

Sorry guys, I posted this play as Monday: Should be Tuesday Play

Overall Record: Posting 7-4

1st Pick: Yankees / Reds over 10 1/2 ***** Play

The Yankees have been an Over machine on the road this season, with 19 of their 27 games soaring above the total, averaging more than seven runs per game outside of the Bronx.

Their 10-9 win over the Tigers on Sunday is only the latest example of the New York bats going ballistic against mediocre pitching from their opponents.

And mediocre would be a compliment for Reds starter Jimmy Haynes this year, as he has lasted just five innings or fewer in each of his five starts this season, with an ERA of 10.72 and a 19/12 walk to strikeout ratio.

The Reds opponents have averaged more than nine runs per game in the five times that Haynes has taken the hill as a starter.

With hitting stars like Derek Jeter, Alfonzo Soriano, Jason Giambi and Jorge Posada helping to ease the pain of Bernie Williams and Nick Johnson being on the DL, this Yankee lineup appears poised to continue their offensive barrage in the high scoring Great American Ballpark this evening.

Yankee starter Andy Pettitte has pitched poorly for most of the season, allowing 27 runs and 39 hits in his last five starts, arguably the worst stretch of his major league career.

The Reds are scoring better than five runs per game at home this season, and rank 2nd in the NL behind Atlanta with 81 home runs. Look for both of these offenses to produce runs in bunches

Another Stat: The Reds are 20-8 ‘over’ at home and the Yanks are 20-8 ‘over’ on the road this year.

That is a combined 40-16 ‘over’ for a mind boggling 71.5% over vs. under ratio!!!

Adding fuel to the ‘over’ argument is the fact today’s starting pitchers have a towering combined ERA of 15.65 this season.

Hope I provided enough info on this game so we can all make some money.

2nd Pick Toronto +1 1/2 Run Line **** Play

Don't know why the line is so high against Toronto but to play it safe, I will play the run line.

Any help would be appreciated.

Toronto should win this game outright.

Comment

The line is too high on the Cardinals IMO as Toronto has been playing very well.

Comment

I like your over in the Yanks game.
        Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

Working...
        X