Tuesday baseball...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday baseball...........

The Diamondbacks have sunk to a new level, only scoring 1 run against a pitcher that has no business in the Major leagues. It looks like it is going to take a lot more than Shea Hillenbrand to jump start that offense. On to today's plays..........

5 STAR: SAN DIEGO (LAWRENCE)(-$140) OVER Detroit (Cornejo)

The worst team in the National League battles the worst team in the American League. I really like the Padres in this spot. San Diego starting pitcher Brian Lawrence has pitched very well as of late and today he faces the worst hitting lineup in the American League that gets even worse tonight because they don't get to use the designated hitter. In his last 18 innings pitched, Lawrence has allowed only 9 hits and 4 earned runs. Also, he usually pitches very well against bad teams as he is 6-1 in home games versus teams outscored by their opponents by 0.5 or more runs per game on the season over the last 3 seasons. Detroit has snuck up and beat a few good teams this season, but Detroit is only 2-9 when playing against a terrible team with a winning percentage of 38% or worse this season. Look for the Padres to take this one!

3 STAR: FLORIDA (PENNY)(+$130) OVER Oakland (Mulder)

The Marlins have excelled in inter-league play at home. Florida is 14-4 in home games in an inter-league game over the last 3 seasons. Brad Penny has also been tough against American League teams posting a 5-1 record the last three seasons. Penny is also 10-4 in his last 14 games as a home underdog. The A's have struggled this season in the role of a road favorite posting a 3-10 record as a road favorite of -$100 to -$150. National league teams that are averaging 4.3 to 4.8 runs per game on the season against a very good American League starter that has an ERA of 3.50 or less are 33-15 since 1997. I look for the Fish to continue their winning inter-league ways in this game!

3 STAR: Baltimore (Johnson)(+$140) OVER HOUSTON (REDDING)

The Orioles have been red hot as of late, winning 9 of their last 11 games while the Astros have been inconsistent posting a 6-6 record over their last 12 games. The Astros are coming off of a big win at Chicago against Kerry Wood, but the Astros are only 1-5 in home games off an upset win over a division rival as an underdog over the last 3 seasons. Houston starting pitcher Tim Redding has struggled at home this season where he is only 1-3. Baltimore starting pitcher Jason Johnson is 2-0 on the road with an ERA of 3.13 and he is 5-1 when his team is coming off of a win this season. Also, home favorites with a money line of -150 to -200 with a winning percentage between 45-55% on the season off an upset win over a division rival as an underdog are only 5-15 over the last 5 seasons. I look for the Birds to knock off the 'Stros here.

MLB RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 42-19 (+44.55 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 54-54 (+3.30 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 36-37 (+6.32 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 18-19 (+1.72 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 151-129 (+55.89 UNITS)

Converting units to real money (I have had a few questions about units and how to calculate them into real money, so I hope this helps)........

A $20 player would be up $1117.80
    A $50 player would be up $2794.50
    A $100 player would be up $5589.00
    A Nickel player would be up $27945.00
    A Dime player would be up $55890.00

Good luck,
    John
    EZWINNERS.com
    Last edited by ez winners; 06-03-2003, 06:43 PM.
    Good luck,
    John

John: That SD line is at -165 most places. Was that a typo that
    you got it at -115. Surely you can't like the Pads at that price?

Comment

Astro...

-115 was a typo, I got them at -$140 last night. The line has gone up, but I still like them to get the job done.

John
      Good luck,
      John

Comment

Thanks for the 5 Star John Good luck!

Comment

ReCap...

What a fucking night! Houston explodes for 6 runs in the 8th and then Detroit scores 3 in the top of the 9th to get the win. When will Bochi learn that Lawrence can NOT throw a complete game. He makes some of the worst fucking coaching moves that I have ever seen!

I am now done venting my frustrations, will return in the morning with two 5 STAR plays for Wednesday's action.

John

:angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire
          Good luck,
          John

Comment

John....

you are absolutley right....SD sucks and so does their manager...Gl today....lets get back on track.:D
            You can't get there from here..........

Comment

Working...
            X