InterLeague games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InterLeague games

does anyone have any tips, systems, etc. to help capping the interleague games that start tomorrow (american at national)?

bill

from another board:
    Oakland/Florida. To quote Wire: "Dye is back and so are the A's." I agree with him. But Mulder in the opener is the only game I think they'll win in this series. Penny goes for FLA Wednesday and he pitched six shutout innings against MON last time out, PLUS he hit his second home run of the season. That's an advantage I like to have, as I stated earlier. I think he can be every bit as good as Hudson, who I think is the slated starter for OAK on Weds. In the rubber game, Oakland doesn't have one of the Big Three, and the Fish go with Mark Redman. He made his first appearance since returning from the 15-day DL a good one, giving up two runs and four hits in six innings. He struck out seven. Advantage: FLA. They win 2 of 3, and 2 of three go OVER.

Comment

Dye won't make them any better in my mind as Byrnes has a 22 game hitting streak and is doing better than Dye was anyway.

OVER RATED is what Dye is and he hasn't done shit since leaving K.C. and i don't think he makes a difference.:D

Comment

Dye can be a force when he gets hot, but I agree that he doesn't make a difference in this series. It sounds like both Byrnes & Dye will start w/Long and Singleton doing most of the sharing of AB's.

Comment

Marc Lawrence:
          The Oakland Athletics have cashed in big versus the National League. The A's had a Major League best 16-2 record in interleague action last season and_are an amazing 66-38 since interleague play started in 1997.

The Florida Marlins held the majors' best interleague record before the A's amazing run last year. The Fish are now 61-41 in interleague play. They_are a profitable 22-14 over the last two seasons, despite having an unprofitable 155-169 combined record over that span.

The_Athletics_may start thinking more like baseball purists when they catch a glimpse of this year's interleague schedule.Baseball has an unbalanced schedule heavy on divisional matchups. That's_especially meaningful_in recent years, as teams battling for wildcard postseason positions can have very different schedules. Part of that imbalance is interleague play, which is particularly tough on the Athletics this season.The A's must battle tough NL East teams including Atlanta, Philadelphia, Montreal, and Florida. Oakland also has two series' against San Francisco. The NL West leaders and the Athletics are considered 'natural rivals' by Major League Baseball and meet six times during the interleague schedule.

Comment

Personally I think Oakland will win at least 2 out of 3.
            Until trend is broken, you are supposed to go with it, and last year Oakland was light out against NL.
            Last edited by savage1; 06-02-2003, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X