Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade

Byung-Hyun Kim will soon be facing the Yankees again. The converted reliever appears to be headed to Boston in exchange for Shea Hillenbrand in a deal expected to be consummated Thursday. Kim has made clear his preference to start, and his agent said that Boston would honor that request. Hillenbrand's 38 RBI are nine more than any Diamondback.

From a diehard Red Sox's fan point of view, I think it is a god awful trade for Sox.

Comment

I actually think its a good deal for the Sox.

They can use Kim as a starter until Pedro comes back and the rotation gets settled.

Then move him back to closer for the stretch run, putting an end to this Bullpen By Committee fiasco.

Its like they're getting two pitchers for the price of one.
      The Rice Truck is NEVER Wrong!!!

Comment

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE TRADE:angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire

Comment

To me it might destroy the chemistry of the team and put undue pressure on players like Mueller, who is great when he doesn't play every day, but might not do as well in different role.
          Kim is the guy Yanks cranked in the Series a few years ago.
          Worse, he does not want to be closer;just what Sox need-dissent.

Comment

Well don't worry about Mueller he's no rookie and an injury would happen to him before pressure would break him....My worry is the simple fact that all the talk about Hillenbrand was centered around MUCH better pitchers than this HEAD CASE and i was all for trading Hillenbrand but for someone good and consistent.... Why not the Mets for Glavine or Leiter? They are looking to dump salary and get younger which they could do with that swap and the Mets could use Hillenbrand at first or third:confused: :confused:

Fucken Red Sox with another quick trigger they fuck up a trade and if they had waited til the All Star break when teams were ready to dump contracts they would have made out much better.

Comment

The Mets are willing to part with Benitez and Mo Vaughn if the Sox are interested.

Comment

why trade Hillenbrand???

Comment

Good point-they pulled the trigger too fast.
                  Now if they traded "Chicken Little" for La Russa, or Joe Torre, well that's a different story if you get my drift.

Comment

nut

They have more bats than they can use and he is the only player with value because of his contract which is around 350,000 (dirt cheap) and he was an All Star last year, so to get a pitcher he was focused on by everyone and the ONLY reason they got Mueller was to trade Hillenbrand and they were POSITIVE that it would happen and when it fell apart they figured out quickly with a bad bullpen and Pedro hurt that they needed to do something and this is the result because Mendoza also sucks and they just wanted an arm...... UN FUCKEN BELIEVEABLE!

Comment

YES, GRADY LITTLE SUCKS

All they get is LAME ASS SALLY coaches and they need to get someone with some more BALLS on the bench i would love to take sweet lou out of Tampa and put it to the Yankees but things are not well in N.Y. and if george ever let go of Torre the Sox would be stupid not to grab him.:D

Comment

i thought he was in their long term plans last year
                        i guess i was wrong

Comment

They never liked his on base % and that is what the new owners have stated they will build the team on period and their serious about it so get your ass on base or you could be gone.:D :D

Comment

I sure hope pitcher Kim is better than was third base coach Kim, the latter who didn't have a clue as to when to send a runner home on a hit or hold him at third.
                            Thirdbase coach Kim might have just as well had his eyes up his ass for all the use they were on knowing when to stop a runner at third as opposed to knowing when it was a good move to try to score him on a hit or flyout.
                            Last edited by savage1; 05-29-2003, 08:11 PM.

Comment

It took 24 hours but I finally found someone who agrees with me...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/neyer_rob/1560894.html

Comment

Working...
                              X